A Newbie with Equipment Problems

Ronahan

Hey,

I just recently bought a yamaha motif 6 off of a friend, along with a Rode NT100 mic and a small mixer with phantom power (basically so i could get the mic to work).

The Problem i'm having is with getting it all hooked up. I recently bought a new pc, and i feel that i made a mistake in purchasing the Audigy sound blaster platinum pro crap card with external unit. The external unit refuses to work and i still can't figure out why.

Anyways, i have a laptop, and the mixer and mic work perfectly on that, but i can't hook up the motif 6 because it just crashes my system (obviously i dont have enough memory or ram)... On my desktop when i hook up the motif 6 via USB, and i try to install the drivers given to me on cd, it tells me that they might not be compatible with windows xp - i installed them anyways. The computer picks up that there is a USB device, and lists it as 'Yamaha MIDI Drivers'....My problem at that point is getting it to run on a program. I have Cubasis vst 4 and Steinberg Nuendo. How can i get it to work on either? I've tried everything.

(Sorry if this post seems all over the place, i'm just confused as it is)

Also, since my ****in (sorry) external unit on the soundcard wont work, i can't plug in the mixer or the mic, making my new beast of a computer a waste of time (for the moment).

It's a P4 3.2ghz, 1 gig ram, 120 gig hard drive space.....

Can anyone give me some tips, advice, slap in the face, whatever? I need anything i can get. I'm not a technical wizard, i prefer making the music.

Btw, does anyone else have problems with the motif 6 occasionally shocking you a bit? haha, i mean, sometimes when i put my hand on the "shell" of it, i feel an electric surge. Nothing big, just really really annoying. I unplugged it just to be safe.

Peace.

Instead of hooking it up through usb,go line out to line in of the mixer,hook up you mic to the mixer angd go line out if the mixer to line in of the soundcard and you'll be straight.

Back