New Computer

Shredder

What up guys?
I am just getting into production and recording and I need a new computer. I am just wondering what you guys think I should get. I was thinking either; a new mac G5, or building a custom PC. If i were to build a PC it would be much cheaper, and a more versatile machine, however, I always hear that macs are the way to go. I guess my real question is this: are macs really worth the extra costs, and what are the downsides to a PC with a lot of RAM? Thanks a lot.

If you have the money for a G5, by all means get it. Macs are alot better for recording. If you are going the pc route, a good PC recording computer is something around a Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ with a gig of ram.

Nothin wrong with a souped up pc. All you'll really have to worry about is the blue screens of death, and that's nothing a 3 minute google search won't solve. You could build 5 super-music pc's for the price of a G5. With the money you'll save by building you can get hella amounts of external storage/backup and hardrives/dvd-rw's incase something goes wrong.

But if you're not pc savy roll with the g5.

If you like and use mac's already then you'll be getting a mac, since you asked this question I assume you dont use mac so it will only cause headaches trying to learn a new OS/way of doing things.

Back