KRK RP8s?

lovebeats

I am thinking of buying a pair of KRK RP8s for mainly Hip-Hop production. This will be my first purchase of active monitor speakers and after doing some research online I narrowed it down to the RP8s. I read reviews buy I don't trust seller site reviews and this website has been most helpful in answering my questions. So if anyone has had experience with these or any other suggestions I would be most gratefull. Also, I wanted to know that since I am doing only Hip-Hop, do different monitors realy make that big a difference? (different from a $200-$600 price range.)
Room Size-medium

I heard that the 5's are better because the 8's has a more colored sound. if you just need bass to listen how the track would sound in clubs add a sub to the 5's. thats would I would do. I heard the 5's without a sub and they sound clear.

I have the Rokit 5s, and I was throughly blown away at the sound. I also do hip hop and like deshawn stated all I really need now is a Sub to really bring out that bass.

Last edited:
I have the 5's and they are great. I have never really heard anything bad about KRK. They are great for budget studios.

I have the RP8's, and produce some hiphop and other dance music - and I've found them great. Excellent clarity, and lots of grunt to them. If I want to hear a track with heavy bass, as in a lot of DOOFDOOF stereos, I can just turn up the bass a little on my mixer, crank the volume up, and get some loud bassy tunes going. Still clear as day, and no distortion.

I'm only running the RP8's, without a sub.

Agreed with everyone else, i have the 5's and do hip hop. I have no complaints, and i have been able to hear all the basslines I have made so far clear as day. I would imagine adding the sub would only make things better. I was reccommended these by my local gear shop over the 8's for my application. They told me that between those two models that the money is better spent elsewhere.

Back