I need help wit my studio~

Mr. Untouchable

Im a producer, currently i only use the computer though. I've thought about making a harware studio. Problem is i dont know what to get exactly. Theres so much **** out these days its hard to make a descion. I already have... 2 turntables, and a dj mixer...not much but i guess its sumin. So please respond, im looking for INEXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT but still quality, if that even exists.

Peace

Last edited:
decide exactly what you want to accomplish... If your not going to be recording anything live, you probably don't need a 24 track mixer... If your making beats, maybe an MPC or drumpad.. if your making trance, a midi keybaord and some VSTs ..... think of what would compleate what you've already got, and how to make it work together.

akai drum machines are nice for the money or a korg triton or a yamaha motif or fruity loops for the more inexpensive route. mpc u can sequence on it or u can hook up to a pc and do a lot more shiet for a cheaper price then all hardware.

What do you already use to makeyour beats?

Software often imitates hardware.. so what works well for you in software, will probably be good in hardware too...

Do you do alot of sampling or creating?

Go out and research what you think you may benefit the msot from... and see what the prcies are... If your doign hip hop...alot of people iwll say nothign beats an MPC. personlly have no need for one, so can't tell you either way.

^^i do a lot of creating now, but i wit hardware i would do more samplin and **** like that.^^^ How much does a mpc cost. (budget) What about a used one?

Mr. Untouchable said:
Im a producer, currently i only use the computer though. I've thought about making a harware studio. Problem is i dont know what to get exactly. Theres so much **** out these days its hard to make a descion. I already have... 2 turntables, and a dj mixer...not much but i guess its sumin. So please respond, im looking for INEXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT but still quality, if that even exists.

Peace
if i were u i would just buy more software, that's kinda what i'm in the process of doing now. I'll sell u my MPC if u really want it. if u have a good sequencing program u don't need it though. if i started over from scratch i'd get:

Hardware
Digi 002 (comes with Pro Tools) - $2K
Alesis m1 actives monitors - $300
Oxygen or other good midi controller - $130
If u want to record vocals
A nice preamp and a mic

Other than that i'd concentrate on software like reason (sound modules, sampling etc) and plugins for pro tools. They do the same things as hardware but cheaper and take up less space.

Back