I need help settin up my studio

S

sicacid

i got a mixer, 3 mics, 2 headphones, popperstopper, compaq studio, and cool edit pro 2.0

how do i connect the mixer to the computer?

can some one please help me

sicacid

can ne 1 tell me how to connect the mixer to the computer?

sicacid said:
i got a mixer, 3 mics, 2 headphones, popperstopper, compaq studio, and cool edit pro 2.0

I don't think the fact that you got a popper stopper really means anything when setting up your equipment. You might as well have said oh yeah, I also have one floppy disk. But as Pase, said you will need an interface to connect the mixer up.

I believe he has an interface (the integrated soundcard :rolleyes: ). You could connect the mixer to it. It propably has 3,5mm stereo-plug input. So you need a 3,5mm" stereo TRS <-> 2 * 1/4" TRS -cable.

If you care about sound quality, buy an audiocard. Search this forum to find which card follows your needs. You'll need a different cable for it.

This compressor is not what you need if you are just starting out. There are inexpensive four channel mixer out there for under a hundred dollars that you might want to take a look at. It will allow you to adjust the levels of your input sound before going into your computer. If you want the best sound quality possible you should diffinitly buy a soundcard. The M-Audio 2496 is a reletively cheap soundcard but also a good one. Good luck with your setup. And enjoy.

Sorry didn't see you already have a mixer. A soundcard will allow you to connect to your computer.

For a guitar you can use a guitar cable to connect into the input or microphone connections on the back of your computer. If you want to connect a microphone you will need to get an XLR to quarter inch cable. Even with the quarter inch cable you will need to pick up an RCA adaptor to insert it into your computer-you can find those at places like best buy. Even if all this sounds too complicated it isn't too bad. You will learn as you go. Good luck and keep posting if you have questions.

Back