home studio setup

Y

YoungFresh

yeah whats going on man! i'm trying to set up a home studio while i have the money too! i have a MPC 1000 that i'm feel'n and i have Reason 2.5 and just ordered a Motif 7 so do you think i will need and external mixer or the one in Reason should do just fine and do you think a home theater surround sound thx 5.1 package will give off the superb sound i'm looking for or is it best to go with the monitors and using Reason along with the MPC and MOTIF do you thihk i should use the hardware as the external or the software i know there are so many ways of doing it but i want my joint to sound nice and i'm thinking about getting that new
Cubase SX 2 so hit me back if you may have some good ideas for me or a list or good thing i would need!

THANX!

NAH MAN AND THE FELLAZ I GET DOWN WITH TAKE THIS REAL SERIOUS AND ARE WILLING TO PUT IN WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THINGZ GOING WE FIGURE YOU PUT IN 2 GRAND YOU'LL GET BACK 4 SOONER OR LATER!

YoungFresh said:
NAH MAN AND THE FELLAZ I GET DOWN WITH TAKE THIS REAL SERIOUS AND ARE WILLING TO PUT IN WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THINGZ GOING WE FIGURE YOU PUT IN 2 GRAND YOU'LL GET BACK 4 SOONER OR LATER!
Please don't SHOUT !! Thanks dude. :cheers:

My bad bru **** i just got a habit of typing in capz i have lazy fingerz i hate hitting shift ya feel me!

You could use a software package to mix if you dont mind bouncing all your hardware tracks individually, and thats going to be a pain with reason.

yeah man, i use Cubase with Reason 2.5 and my Triton all synced together. Cubase sequences it all. I thought about gettin' an MPC too, but i've gotten pretty tight using the combo of Recycle to chop up the sample, and Dr. Rex in Reason to play it back. Then it just a matter of using Cubase to sequence the chopped up sample to play in the order I want. Sounds alot more complicated than it is.

anyway, the point is that Cubase will do just what you want.

Can I add another question to this thread? Good, thanks! Ok, I have a Triton an MPC2000XL and I order Cubase SE (the weak edition, for my starter...crawl before I walk)Is there a way that I can still use my MPC2000XL for the master sequencer and just use Cubase as a recording means? What purpose would the 2kxl serve besides a drum machine and a sampler if I got my acid 4.0 as the chopper and cubase as a sequencer? How would you SEASONED and EXPERIENCED (people who work with a similar setup) play with this setup? I mean, I have an idea, but I hate thinkin' about how I spent some dough on a brand new 2kxl and only using it to do certain things. Like chopping is sooooo simple to lay out in acid, MPC ain't as simple.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THE FEEDBACK BUT IF ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT E-MU 1820M MASTER LEVEL RECORING SYSTEM COULD I PLEASE GET SOME INSIGHT ON IT THANX

Back