Hiphop Studio??

DJ_Kalm-plex

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what I need to purchase for a good hiphop studio. I already have some dj equipment and a 900mhz pc with 768RAM and Sound Forge 5.0, Acid Music 2.0. I want to start purchasing some equipment to complete a studio. I'm into R&B and Hiphop so I need equipment to create that type of music. I was just wondering if any of y'all producers out there could recomend some good equipment for me and how to set it up to work with my PC? It'll be appreciated.

Thanks,

DJ Kalmplex

Sampler (software or hardware)

Software sequencer (Cubase, Logic, Sonar)

This will take you into the crazy world of MIDI - which I guess you have no knowledge of as yet, but the power it gives you to create tunes is well worth it.

KasioRoks

software i would use reason cuz dat joint is phat sam-pler drum and bass synth built in. software use nuendo, why because it synchs with reason so each instrument has its own channel in nuendo so all channels can be eq. trust me son. holla if u need help.

Killah_Trakz said:
software i would use reason cuz dat joint is phat sam-pler drum and bass synth built in. software use nuendo, why because it synchs with reason so each instrument has its own channel in nuendo so all channels can be eq. trust me son. holla if u need help.

Reason is hot. i use reason with cubase. why do yo use nuendo? the 5.1 feature? i perfer cubase or pro tools. sometimes logic

cuz nuendo wuz the isht in the directx and vst platform plus i rocked a whole lotta soundcards with it plus its optimized for audio. cubase wuz killin me witht the synch problem an i just couldnt take it and reason has all its output in nuendo automatically.

For hip hop, to make it feel live and sounding like proper hiphop, you need some sort of midi thing you can bang, like an MPC or adrum machine with pads. Don't waste too much money on hardware though. You can plug your thing with pads straight into the computer via midi.

To make hip hop good, you mustn't think about it too long. Keep it fresh in your mind and keep it raw.

Oh, yeah, if you need a mic get an SM58, don't argue, just get one, and some sort of cheap mic pre amp if you haven't got one on your mixer for your turntables.

Hip hop's about the feel more than the actual music.:monkey:

Back