Help on Vocals!

sthiza

Hie there Musos.

I'm from South Africa,the only equipment that i have is Computer,Microphone and Headphones.I'm using Cubase SX maybe it's the first Sx i don't know.

I have a problem with vocals. Can anyone please help me step by step in getting cystal clear vocals on my songs, from setting up my microphone and editing vocals with air on the background. Please help guys.

Sthiza

It's the original version of Cubase, not a pirate copy.When my uncle bought me the PC, they had already loaded it. It was developed in 2002. it's just written Cubase SX on the title bar.

thank you.

Upon loading the application there is a rectangular box that appears. Within that box would tell you what version you are using or you can goto the help menu on top of the project window and select help>about cubase SX and that can tell you what it says also.

Hey sthiza

Cool to see we got producers from all over the world on here. Thumbs up!

As for helping you step by step, we really cant. We need more info, about your computer, the type of mic you have, perhaps the style of music, your overall setup and what you really want.

Dont expect pro studio quality with a PC mic, ukno? How much is your budget for new equipment? What do you ultimatly want from this?

sthiza said:
I have a problem with vocals. Can anyone please help me step by step in getting cystal clear vocals on my songs, from setting up my microphone and editing vocals with air on the background. Please help guys.

What mic are you using? And what sound card do you have?

Getting/having a great sound card a great mic and a great mic-pre amp is the first step in getting "clear" sounding vocals.

Let us know what you have right now and then we/somebody can tell you what to build on to improve your current set-up.

Thanks.

First and foremost u gotta have a good mic. crappy mic =Crappy Quality , if u need help,do a quick search, its easy to use and ull find everything u need to know

yo fellow suid afrikaaner! :)

vocal recordings are probably one of the most equipment reliant musical endevours there are.

a good condensor mic, a decent soundcard with a quality a/d converter and a quiet space to record in are all neccessities.

sub standard equipment will give you sub standard sound.

peac.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.

Thanks guys. I'm using a powersonic microphone, which i believe is one of the best. As for the Soundcard, it's not soundblaster,i have noted that it might be the one giving me some problems.

here in South Africa 5 Channel sound are pretty expensive, You can expect to pay up to R2 000(US 400) for that. and a Second hand up to R1 500. I'm now saving for that. At the moment i'm now focusing on making beats, i will do the vocals when i have the right Soundcard and a mic pre-amp. thanks a lot guys.

P.S what do you guys think about Sound forge 5.0 on editing vocals?

Back