Hi, I currently own:

1- Mpc2000xl
2- e-mu Mophatt sound module
3- Roland VX3080 sound module
4- Midi Keyboard
5- Computer w/audio programs
6- 2turntables and mixer
7- 2 alesis monitor one speakers

Can someone pleasse give me a CLEAR description of how to connect all this stuff?? and do i NEED an AMP??? THANXXXX

Tell us, What do you want to produce with your stuff ? ...
if your speakers are not Active (self powered) then you'll have to get an amp...
And if you want to use your Software with your synths you'll need a midi interface too...

Did you inherit the gear? How do you get a collection like that without knowing, you know, how it goes together?

The Monitor 1s come in both active models (with a built-in amp) and passive (you'll need an amp to power them, as MusickMan suggests).

yes... a mixer is a must here... then... a MIDI thru box... alot of MIDI cables, alot of audio cables, a few audio adapters (1/4" to RCA adapters, RCA to 1/4")

All the MIDI instruments (including your computer) need to communicate with each other... use a MIDI thru box to avoid data jams. The sound modules need to have an audio out to the mixer...

All the rest is inputed into the mixer, except the speakers... which are connected to the mixer by the audio outs. You might want to rig an audio out from the mixer into your computer, because you would probably need to record stuff on the comp from time to time. Watch out for feedback with this setup though...

I don't know if you would need an amp to power the speakers though...

Good Luck.

Back