Headphone Amp.. How does it all connect up?!

Sin_Beatz

Hey FP!

Thinking of buying a headphone amp for my 80ohm DT770s.. But before i buy one, i just wanna be clear on how everything connects up. My sound at the moment is coming through my Fast Track Pro.. so does my headphone amp connect to my audio interface? And then i plug my headphones into the headphone amp?

Also, can anyone recommend a good amp? Ive been told "Live Wire Solutions HA04" is good, but i live in the UK & they dont do them over here.

Thanks!
[h=1][/h]

Headphone amps typically have 1/8" in and out, sometimes 1/4" (but not often). So you would just go Fast Track Pro headphone out to the headphone amp, headphone amp out to the Beyers.

I have a pair of DT880s and used them for just about a year before building a headphone amp. Night and day difference!

I can't recommend any as I've only heard two, and one of those I built myself.

Headphone amps typically have 1/8" in and out, sometimes 1/4" (but not often). So you would just go Fast Track Pro headphone out to the headphone amp, headphone amp out to the Beyers.

I have a pair of DT880s and used them for just about a year before building a headphone amp. Night and day difference!

I can't recommend any as I've only heard two, and one of those I built myself.

Thanks for clearing that up bro. Do headphone amps come with cables to connect up, or do you have to buy them seperate?

Also, you said there was night and day differnce.. Doesnt an amp just increase volume? Or does it actually increase quality? Or do you mean, the volume was night and day difference?

Back