Good startup studio (from scratch)?

DaOriginalBlade

You're Forgiven
Sup, I'm rather new to the board it's great and full of valuable info. Anyway to the question I just recently got into the production tip late summer in a Mac based studio with a Yamaha module, midi controller, and a crap sequencer. But now i'm ready to start my own studio I was wondering if you could give me some help and reccomendations. I've hurd alot about Reason 2.0 and FL lately; i'm not really familar with these programs cuz i started out str8 onto a sequencer and keyboard, but they sound interesting. I'm gettin a PC based studio heres what I was thinkin about starting out with: Cubase (prolly SX), Triton Rack (best module i know of), Midiman USB controller, MOTU 828 audio interface, Shure mic, headphones (not sure what brand on these), thats all i can think of for now. I was just wondering why people were so biased to Cubase and why it is so much better than a program like Sonar 2.0, also what exactly can u do with Reason 2.0 and can u import REason projects into Cubase.. because i'm also recording vocals. I also need some good guitar sounds, and my production will be mainly based on hip hop. Well thanks for the help... please gimme some info. PEACE-1

Sounds like you know what you are doing. My advice, get some decent furniture for your setup. Omnirax, makes something called the Jr.Pro Station or something. It's about $650. That is kinda expensive but its worth it, you get about 6 or 7 rack spaces, good for your modules and interfaces. There is room for monitors, an 88 note keyboard, and a keyboard for your computer as well as room for your monitor. Although its expensive you'll feel great knowing how organized your studio is and you'll work with a clear head. Which leaves room to be creative. Oh, about Cubase, Sonar and Cubase are pretty equal. Both of these are great programs, get either one.

Back