Fantom workstation or rack?

j*Slimmz

I've played about with the Fantom S in a music shop and liked the sounds but i didnt get to sequence on it i was wondering if the sequencer is good enough to make a decent song as it is only 16 tracks or if i should get an MPC for sequencing. Basically its out of the Fantom X or S workstation or the Fantom XR and an MPC for sequencing.
(I make Hip Hop/RnB and already have a Mo Phatt sound module Midi keyboard and software but i want to get away from the PC for makin beats and use it for post production)
Some recommendations would be nice!

Then get Fantom XR and an MPC, if money is no problem. You are going to need a multi input soundcard or mixer though.

Only 16 tracks? :D Really, you should be okay with 16 tracks. Most workstations out there have 16 tracks. If you sequence with a computer or something else you will still be limited to 16 tracks since I believe the workstations/racks still receive/send on 16 channels regardless.

If the sequencer is the same as the original Fantom, you can always automate instrument changes if you happen to need more than 15 instruments+1 drum track. Or any combinations that makes up 16.

I was looking at the same thing and thought the controlers were much over priced as opposed to the rack. Its like 1500 difference If Im not mistaken. But if you trying to get away from the PC then I guess you gotta do what u gotta do.

Back