Event 2020 V2 Passive Monitors

D

DoubleL520

i am really lookin at probably getting the Event 2020 V2 monitors for 300 but the problem is they are passive so wouldnt i need to get a power amp or something like that? if yes how much do they run for? i cant really afford to spend more than 300 so if an amp is to expensive i'll probably get Behringer 2031A or M-Audio BX5's.

I would just recommend getting some active monitors and kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak. The only reasoning i could see in getting some passive monitors is if they are really worth it to get them along with a seperate amp, which make them that much better then other pairs. The best monitors which are active in your price range and are still really good would be some KRk's, or a pair of Fostex.

Maybe not the response you are looking for but just depositing my .02 cents-

thanks, the prob. with the krk's that are in price range is that the only ones are the RP5's which are good but the woofer is only 5" and the other 2 i mentioned are 8" and i heard their bass isnt powerful enough. would u say the RP5's are better than the 2031A's? if yeah then i'll prolly just get those.

I wouldnt know honestly as I've nevr compared the two, I just know I liked the Rokit 5's alot, even compared to other monitors I A/B'd them against which were double their price. They definetly held their own. They also have the 8's now which are pretty inexpensive. Never heard them but I would assume they sound pretty nice as well. I can understand your concern for wanting a bigger size over 5"...I use some right now and wish I had some 6's or 8" which would register more in the low end since I do mainly hip-hop and electronic, but I would take a good sound, clarity and flat accuracy in a smaller speaker anyday over a bigger, louder and bassier, sloppier set which are of a ****tier build and quality, and might not be as flat and accurate. Just something to consider. It might be worth it to you to wait a month or two and save more cash to get what you really want the first time. good luck-

yea, i have heard the 8's and theyre freakin amazing but 500 is a lil too high for my wallet, thanks for the advice

Back