EMU vs M-Audio DELTA

Scalez

I have had a Delta 1010 for about 2.5 years and I'm considering moving to Emu. I know the new Emus have more features, but I got a question about the sound. Is there any difference in sound quality between these two?

E-mu Hands down, I have it and I wouldnt trade it for anything. If you dont need the 1820 M, get the 1820, I got the Emulator X studio, and it is amazing. I can now sample sounds from the internet, because you can set up a wav channel, I mean the mixer it comes with is seriosuly a fantastic program, peace

E-Mu 1212M/1820M have the same Analog/Digital converters as the official Pro Tools HD hardware. What does that mean to you in your home setup? Higher quality recordings/productions. And being that the alternatives at the same price range don't have that... common sense would tell you to go with the E-Mu right?

Scalez said:
I have had a Delta 1010 for about 2.5 years and I'm considering moving to Emu. I know the new Emus have more features, but I got a question about the sound. Is there any difference in sound quality between these two?
Emu! Emu can do way more than the delta! The features are nice! I've never used one, so I can't tell you what it's like, but my friend uses the 1820, and his tracks come out nice!

Looks like the scales are tippin' towards EMU...

i got a 1820m and if never looked back...definately worth the dollars...for sure! The mic pre's are great quality also!

I am wanting to go with the New EMU 040 Card myself for a start.I firgured I could make good enough mixes with that thur my headphones so if later I can just send them to a mastering house for furture processing.My idea is to have that "Pro Sound" on a budget lol

No, I belive they use the Same ones the Sound Blaster Audigy Cards use.I think the only diffrent between the Audigy and the EMU 0404 is not only more inputs and outputs but The EMU 0404 is not "Clocked Locked" Meaning on the Audigy Cards the A/D Converters can only sample up too 48Khz where the EMU 0404 can do a True 24 Bit/96Khz

Please Correct me if I am wrong

Scalez said:

Does the 0404 have the digidesign converters too?

no, the good A/D converters are only used in e-mu's m-versions (1820m and 1212m), the 0404 and the "regular" 1820 have different ones

i don't know whether those are the same as the audigy uses, but since creative and e-mu manufacture the cards together this might be possible..

Back