do i need mpc if my motif and my computer sample

T

tnasty69

i have the motif and i sample on that or i make the sample on my pc using sonar or cool edit pro 2.0 and convert the sample into aiff file or wav. file /i was wondering is it worth the money to go out and buy a mpc and why if so?

the choice is yours me i have the mpc4000,yamaha rs7000,computer with nuendo,and triton,all runnung together.when you use them together it's taking everything to another level.but you have to know how to use them together it's not hard

but is it worth the money for sampler when i can sample now i see one for sale around $800 and im about to buy it will i be happy

Hell no it aint worth it if all u want to do is sample! You already have what u need. $800 aint bad at all but u can spend that on whatever your set up is lacking.

if all you want it for is the sampler don't get it. but if you wanna use it to be the center of your set up get it. example every time I wanna lay down a sound from the triton or yamaha i press record on the mpc and play the sounds thru the midi controller/triton using this set up i can laydown over a 100 different tracks. bottom line is the sequencer is the best i ever seen. I don't know if I explained it good enough for you but I tried

center of set up ? will be the motif for hip hop & r&b . but i think i'll get it and if i dont use it i dont think it will lose its value i could all ways just sale to some one else ? i just wish i knew wether not to buy . right now i have the motif 6 , alesis sr 16,alesis micro verb 4, s-com compressor, pc with delta 10/10/ sonar , cool edit pro 2.0 , mxl 1000 condensor mic built in closet booth, studile phile sp-5b monitors by maudio/ 16 trk yamaha mixer / and the whole dj set up tech 1200's / and numark pro cd players ,peavy amp,s etc....but i have no mpc and i here every one talking about it is it nessacary.???????help

No, you don't buy an MPC for its sampling capabilities alone. You're other stuff can do it just fine. You get the MPC because you want the sequencer and the pads and the feel of the MPC....

i use the pads of the alesie sr 16 / midi it up. turn up the atack & release and all my pads and horns play like hits, you know but where you get one new for $800

Once I really got into my setup I realized that I could sell the MPC and get a lot more stuff to have a more powerful setup. I loved the MPC but with the money i got from it (and a couple other things I sold) I got monitors, Reason, Recycle, MPD-16 pads, UC-33 controller for Reason, NTK mic and a bass. I sequence in protools with the MPD pads and use Reason as my main sound module. It was just the smart move for me. Plus I got sick of editing on that lil ass mpc screen and naming tracks with the jog wheel.

errr... off topic: but is it just me or the mpc cant timestretch like the motif's es 7 sampler can?

Back