Complete Studio Setup

R

Rick J

Hi!

Can you tell me if this statement is correct?

This is a normal pic of a midi setup:

setup1.jpg

but you can't really record audio... it's "only" good for:

writing, sequencing, storing & creating patches and music, for live performance, and for stacking, controlling and programming Midi instruments

if i want to record, you have to have a studio mixer, such as the BEHRINGER MX1804X EURORACK
and hook up the outs of the synths etc... to the inputs of each channel of the eurorack.
the out of the eurorack goes to the input of the (for example: creative sb platinum ex) soundcard to record it with cubase sl? is that correct?

thanx for all advice
rickj

Absolutley correct. Of course, you can also get a soundcard with multiple audio ins to handle all of your synths without a hardware mixer. You can also get a hardware mixer and send the audio output to a stand-alone recorder, either one of the new digital multitracks or even a second-hand audio tape multitrack. Or you can pick (c) a mix of all the above.

"If you want to record you have to have a studio mixer"
OK i'm new to this whole mixer thing, can somebody please tell me why you have to have a studio mixer to record? Do you guys simultaneously record all your midi controlled hardware tracks together? I thought that this would begin to create timing issues with midi... thanks for any help!

Back