Building a studio..[NEED HELP]

Lawlz

Ok so, what all should i buy? I'm willing to spend around 500 dollars on everything besides the mic.

Also what mic would you suggest i get?

Also if you know anybody that has the equipment your listing, do you mind linking me to the music? I'd love to hear how the quality can sound like.

EDIT:
I just plan on recording for rap vocals
And i use cool edit pro 2.0 (but might be willin to switch over to protools if there's some huge difference)

Last edited:
no huge difference..
I would suggest leaving cool edit pro 2.0
and jumping ship to
Reaper which is free fully functional great DAW

okay
then you let's go

1. acoustic treatment

2. modded mics(google this)

3.modded preamps(five fish audio=google this)

4. decent pair of headphones and monitors(speakers)
just so you can hear what you are doing

5.good performances

then invest into a relationship with a good mixing engineer and then
with a mastering engineer

pro tools doesn't make you better as far as quality audio...it does have more tools than cool edit pro in my opinion

but don't repeat don't get caught in the hype of Pro Tools

REAPER
CUBASE
LIVE
LOGIC
REASON RECORD
FL STUDIO

all great DAWS
and if you don't know what DAW means time for you to starting reading and studying
start here www.tweakheads.com

oh I forgot audio interface(fast track pro seems to be a good one by posts on this site)
can't get audio in and out of your computer without one lol:rofl:

Last edited:
Reaper is a flexible and straight forward DAW. It's cheap too. Cockos reaper is ideal for recording. For a Studio all-rounder, I really recommend the Zoom R16 ($400). It's an 8-input audio interface, a stand-alone recorder, and a DAW control suface.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

.........oh, and check out youtube so you can hear what the R16 and other interfaces sound like.

Back