Basstrap placement

Corners, floor to ceiling.

Quote from a guy who is a studio acoustics LEGEND:

Yes, corners are the best place to put bass traps. But when all the corners are filled and you still have problems, more traps can be placed on the walls.

Last edited:
MadTiger3000 said:
Corners, floor to ceiling.

Quote from a guy who is a studio acoustics LEGEND:

Yes, corners are the best place to put bass traps. But when all the corners are filled and you still have problems, more traps can be placed on the walls.
Agreed.

Yes i figured. But what if you don't have enough to cover from floor to ceiling? Would it then be best to place them high or low? Maybe middle?

If you're using OC 703 or equivalent type traps, and you can't afford to go top to bottom, at least make them 6" deep. 4" is minimal for traps but 6" top to bottom would be good but at least 6. If you still can't afford to make enough to get at least one 6" in almost every corner, it's better to have more 4" panels straddling more corners than 2 6" panels on 2 corners.

I'd put them on the floor or right at the corner where the ceiling is. It cuts off the corner where two perpendicular walls and the ceiling meet.

I'm no pro. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can confirm if I'm wrong or right. I built 8 panels, varying thicknesses and sizes and placed them at corners and on 1st reflection points and broadband absorption areas in my studio/living room/dining room.

Kno1ills said:
If you're using OC 703 or equivalent type traps, and you can't afford to go top to bottom, at least make them 6" deep. 4" is minimal for traps but 6" top to bottom would be good but at least 6. If you still can't afford to make enough to get at least one 6" in almost every corner, it's better to have more 4" panels straddling more corners than 2 6" panels on 2 corners.

I'd put them on the floor or right at the corner where the ceiling is. It cuts off the corner where two perpendicular walls and the ceiling meet.

I'm no pro. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can confirm if I'm wrong or right. I built 8 panels, varying thicknesses and sizes and placed them at corners and on 1st reflection points and broadband absorption areas in my studio/living room/dining room.

There's more than one way to do it, but you are exactly right on all points. :cheers:

Frank

Back