audio interface

shnurgle

Hi I'm setting up a home studio for film scoring.
PowerMac G5 2.0 GHz DP, 4 GB RAM, EWQL Sliver, Logic Pro 6, Kurzweil PC2x midi controller, 200 GB external ATA hard drive 7200 rpm...
This studio is specifically for midi based sequencing of orchestrtal samples. No major audio recording will be done here.
Choosing between MOTU 828 mkII firewire audio/ MIDI interface, and Emagic's A6|2 M audio/MIDI interface USB with low latency hardware.
I'm leaning toward the Emagic (great price, same brand as my main sequencer Logic, specifically engineered for low latency--my #1 priority) but I'd like an outside opinion between the two. Please don't list the differences of these 2 interfaces, I know everything about them already. I'm basically looking for someone who has had experience with the Emagic A6|2 M (or its identical predecessor the EMI 6|2 M) with large samples and can tell me that it's great, it has no audible latency, and I should go with it because it's just the best thing since sliced bread. If you have had bad experience with it..let me know that too!
Thanks!

The original 6 was rubbish, haven't tried the new version. What I can say is I use a Motut 828 with Logic and have never experienced any problems and it works seamlessly with Logic.
Others might shed some light on the A6.

Back