Anyone here make beats on cubase sx 2

D

Deal

If so what doyou use (vst wise), and what is your approach? Also what do you like about making beats on cubase sx 2

I use SX 2 to make beats, I have HALion so I can use samples also.

I rarely use the VST instruments, but I do have some external synths that I MIDI up to Base.

I find myself now using HALion for the drums more and more. (my drum kits in the EMU are getting boring now). :D

I like making beats in one program (cubase) because I wont have to learn 50 other apps (that gets confusing).

How do you automatically cut the bar at the correct ending point, where your measure ends?

Deal said:
How do you automatically cut the bar at the correct ending point, where your measure ends?

Using the "snap" function.

Go to the top of the project window and you will see the snap button right next to the "follow project" button. Press it so it is Blue.

P.S. Make sure you have the snap value set to "bar" at the top of the menu also.

how do you export each track as a seperate wav file,
as in fl studio you hit export all track mixers,
but I did not find this function on cubase?

Deal said:
how do you export each track as a seperate wav file,
as in fl studio you hit export all track mixers,
but I did not find this function on cubase?

There are 2 ways! You can either select the part(s) that are on the track that you want or you can solo the whole track you want to export.

I myself use the solo function to export certain things.

file>export>audio mixdown then you will be givin a choice of options in the pop up box that appears.

Last edited:
So there isnt an all in one way to export all the tracks seperately at once?
You do have to seperate them manually by using the solo track method correct?
If so that is kinda weak

And to the ass that said RTFM, dont even bother posting this is a forum it isnt meant for just me, but for other people as well so
KMFA

Well , if you read the manual it tells you exactly what you want to know .

Sorry I hurt your feelings kid .

Deal said:
So there isnt an all in one way to export all the tracks seperately at once?

That I dont know, I never tried it. You would have to read the operation manual for this one.

I guess you could try to select all the tracks you want to export and see if cubase gives you an option to create spearate files of the tracks.

Why do you want to make separate files of each track?

Just go into the audio folder and take them that way, they are already in .WAV format.

Okay so far I really like making beats on cubase instead of fl, the flow is just easier, the only things I would change is the piano roll seems to make more sense in FL studio.
I like that you can left click the note and it will delete it, I also like the fact that you can click on the note and then when you create a new note it is the same size as the last note you clicked on. Also like the fact that velocity is on the main page. Just some things I would change about cubase piano roll. Other than that it is top notch baby, easy flowing

I load up a bunch of Battery kits in Cubase, and end up with anywhere from 4-10 drum channels in MIDI, mix them down for a bit, and eventually bump them up to audio individually on their own channels and continue from there....Havent been using the Triton or any other synths for awhile now, and Im thinking of sampling alot of it, selling it and my other gear, building a new PC, and going pretty much all digital-

One of my big gripes with Cubase is the fact that you cant do exactly what u are talking about. Export each of the files indivually at once. I also hate how you can't process files in place right there on the spot. You have to export it individually, then bring it back in. Seems like a few minor things that you should be able to do but you cant, no big deal, just more tedious little work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back