Any help or advice for my new setup?

SS INC

I've recently invested some money towards hardware/equipment for my production setup and currently need some assistance. I've purchased the following so far:

- Customized rack-mountable PC (Reason, FL Studio, tons of VSTs, etc...)
* Came with two 23" flat screen LCD's
- Digi 003 (Pro Tools factory bundle)
- Roland Fantom-X8
- Korg Triton Extreme 76
- Yamaha NS-10M Studio Monitor (Pair)
- Yamaha HS-80M Studio Monitor (Pair)
- Yamaha HS-10w Subwoofer

My question is... What other essential piece(s) of hardware/equipment would you suggest I invest in next?

This setup is PRIMARILY used for pre-production and some mixing; No recording as of yet...

Last edited:
I think you're the only one that can really answer that...

Increase your sound/sample library. You have Reason 3.0, get some new Refills like the Abbey Road one. FL, MORE SAMPLES!!!! try buying some ModernBeats ones. Buy some decent Headphones. A good consednser mic, like Rode or AKG. A mic stand with pop filter.

Just a few ideas...:bat:

If you don't know what you need after spending that much money, then I have to say I am a lil worried. You don't really need to spend anymore money unless you want to record If you're balling like that then you should definately invest in some acoustic treatment. Do you even have experience with your equipment? If not, I'd suggest that you start learning and make some music. You really don't NEED anything else. Trust, once you start making music... you'll know what you need.

acoustic treatment for the room, dont forget to invest in good cables, and like someone mention vst's, vsti's, samples, and **** like that...

To be more specific, this was actually more of an upgrade process in comparison to my previous setup; Different location, but the facility has been treated. Thanks for the advice fellas!

Ear2thaground, amazingly I know how to use every piece of equipment I own proficiently ( www.myspace.com/professorbeezie ). And yes, the point was me getting more into recording and no I'm not balling like that.

Keep the suggestions/help/advice coming...

Back