Advice Please!!!

D

DoubleL520

Hey i've been making beats on my computer with loops and cheap programs and now im ready to start making proffesional beats. I just got a new PC with the basics (cd-rw, speakers, all that) and i want to get new stuff to make proffesional beats, and record with. Here are my plans, can u tell me what i need to do diff. or if there are any better programs to get

-Memory Upgrade to 512
-Microphone
-Reason 2.5
-Fruity Loops
-Midi Keyboard

what else do i need to get for recording, editing, mastering, etc.?
Also do i need to get a soundcard, if so what kind and how much does a good one cost? thank u for reading this and PLEASE HELP ME!!!

You need to clue us in about the specs of the PC you bought.

ok i got a intel E-machine... it has a intel celeron proccessor, its about 1 1/2 years old, i upgraded it to 192 128+64 and i wanna get 2 256 to replacethose 2 memory chips and upgrade it to 512, it has a cd/rw drive combined with a cd drive and dvd drive, i just got it used from my dads friend but he took really good care of it and it is almost new. So, do u need to know n e thing else?

The speed of the processor?

(If it's 1 and 1/2 year old Celeron, you're probably in really sad shape, but I just want to to be sure.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It should run reason or FL fine, just dont expect to use really intensive VST's or lots of reason racks.

Back