Songwriters - What's your recurring theme?

Victus Lucifer

The Light Bringer
Hey-lo my lyricists out there.

I'm curious as to what your recurring theme is. For example, Eminem always leaned towards controversial topics and dark matter (such as drugs, rape, murder) and his own past and come up. Tyler used to write about his past and his experiences leading him to rap, and his disgust with pop culture. EA writes to enlighten and bringing various issues to light.

When I was writing for a hardcore band, I stayed with emotional and provocative topics, like heartbreak and failing in life. In hip hop, I'm still finding myself.

What's your recurring topic, what do you lean towards when you write?

sex! but more of the bit around it than actual sex. ive wrote a few about a stripper and about a bartender workin "extra" for her tips! lol. I find it easy to write sexual innuendos that people get.

My theme's been finding my place in the world, and it's been rolling out some decent sounding songs and ideas. I'm at the point where I'm comparing my story to other's fictional stories and piecing it together. It's fun :D

I like to write a lot about my past/childhood, the things in life that made me who I am today, and stuntin on deez termagants (feel me lol).

Girls (*******!) and artistic struggle.

I've been listening to a lot of Atmosphere lately. Slug ALWAYS has the best content. He is easily the best storyteller in rap right now.

Back