Rap...how To Start Off?

you like the word bloody dont you?

All ive seen from you on this forum is fraff, pointless bull****...do you have a purpose?

Or is the purpose to be a fassyole'

bloody fix up

nah...my purpose was to originally help the individual that made the post...but you had sooo much to say! like i said...i was here to help the person that wanted to learn...something you're not into. also...because i was trying to help that person learn...i just gave him a few bars to look at that are in my most simplest style...but..you have sooo much to say!

im not here to help?

the whole point in posting the guide to technical aspects was to help people in this section elevate

cool anyway, this topic is dead

talk abuot a ****ing hi-jacked thread.... who is this little sh1tface laughing at england then using the term 'bloody' which i know full well is not an american thing. how about we stop posting ****ing bullsh1t in threads ok mr P10.

someone should close this thread imo

I'd say if starting off, don't start off writing. Learn to write stuff in your head.

It makes you more flexible and spontaneous and is the key for a lot of freestylers.

Jay Z supposedly writes all of his rhymes in his head rather than using paper. And if it is in your head, you got an easier time memorizing it and performing it rather than stuttering on a forgotten word or phrasing.

I'd then find someone else who raps and is willing to work with you and maybe write some songs together. You will learn a lot faster if somebody else is learning also and both of yall work together as a team. I'd say find somebody that is at least about at your skill level or slightly better. Somebody that is too skilled might be hard to work with if you are starting off but don't be afraid to ask for advice.

Unlike singing, Rap is not something that is learned in school (although many rappers borrow a lot of song techniques singers use). It is learned through you own experiences and interactions with other people and other music.

Once you get comfortable freestyling (basic freestyling), start getting into writing and structure. Learn the basic 16 bar verse and 8 bar hook. Study complete song structures verse structures, hook structures, intros, outros, bridges, refrains etc.

Study your idol rappers. Learn from them.

But in rap the main objective is to relate to your audience and entertain them. Sometimes the goal is to offend some but even these songs are made to entertain someone.

Rap is fairly simple for the most part but like piano or any other instrument it can go to infinity. People like Twista, Jay Z, Busta Rhymes, Eminem have fairly complex deliveries but all of them started from the basics.

Once you get comfortable

freestyling is not needed to be a good emcee.

If you can write nice rhymes, if you can deliver them on a beat well, then your gunna be a good emcee with experience.

dont feed into what people are saying about dont learn to write straight away

writing is the most important thing for a person getting into making rap tunes, learn how to write really good rhymes whilst practicing delivering them over beats - once you got writing and spitting to a good level you can start recording

Rap isnt simple. Simple = weak.

Some beats need simplistic rhymes but still the content and imagery can be complex.

Listen to lyricists, and start learning to text-battle - this will help you think of punches/wordplay very quickly. I can look at anything and make a punchline on it within 10 seconds now. Thats what you need to do because it improves the rest of the techniques in your rhymes and therefore makes your rhymes nicer

Bud Bunner said:
Oh great hiphop professor. Please stop using the word bloody, its a uk thing.

!!!!!!!!!!Your a hypocritical, ignorant, narrow minded whack emcee that thinks he knows more than he does!!!!!!!!

Fix up look sharp.

that is all

DAMN, AWWW HELL NAH!!! DID THIS STUPID @SS MOTHER ****ER JUST SAY THAT??? HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!

Dog YOU are! sh1t where have i heard that sh1t before....oh yea musta been when i was tellin u the SAME sh1t.... MAN, funny how the world works isnt it?????? fukin whack @ass

No theres a difference.

Im allowed to tell you mutha****as your whack cos you ****ing are.

Straight up.

Ive never come across a hiphop forum with such low talent with writing. I tried getting around 20 emcees that have amazing writing talent to join the site, but the wouldnt because of the lack of talent.

I joined to help people that wanted to learn, but people are so fixed on thinking there ill when there not, that they dont want help or to learn they wanna diss the mutha****a making the effort to help. So now i thought **** it.

I cant be narrow minded when it comes to music, i listen to us hiphop/uk hiphop/rnb/jazz/grime/soul/pop/rock/drum and bass/indie/classical/opera...everything.

That mutha****a is so stuck on hiphop being born in america that he cant open his eyes to see past that.

Gutty was fine until he got served. You mutha****as really need to look at yourselves and realise your lyrics, flow, rhyme schmes/structure and knowledge of technical aspects of writing is appauling. Once you realise that and work on it your improve, beefing with people on the net because they arnt afraid to put it bluntly and tell you that your pretty whack, is not going to get you anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back