Would You Rap Over This?

Olie

Hi all, my latest 16 bar -

(This is free use for anyone who wants it)

I'm getting back into production and have a few questions:

would rap over this beat?
what vibe do you get?
(angry,sad,happy,energetic,creepy)
do you think this is "Hip Hop"?

Thank you

New version:

Last edited:
I feel like the kick needs more thump to it it sits to low in the mix ... i didnt really like the synth, at first i thought it was gonna be energetic but it stayed mellow... its a cool beat though, i like the lead/pad in the back. should add a couple more instruments to it too

Last edited:
I feel like the kick needs more thump to it it sits to low in the mix ... i didnt really like the synth, at first i thought it was gonna be energetic but it stayed mellow... its a cool beat though, i like the lead/pad in the back. should add a couple more instruments to it too

An energetic synth might work, i'll try that later when i get back from work. I think i'll try layering the original over the new one with a fast melody and some alterations to its sound.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yo it was cool but not enough to it. Maybe if you added some harder drums and made the main melody come in by itself except through through the hook it would be dope. You just need better drum sounds fam and the pattern was koo just nothing mind blowing. I liked the sounds and the groove though, just have the "bassline" or low synth come in during the hook! Thanks for the feed yo keep it up.

I wouldnt rap over anything because Im not a rapper, haha.

Yo that main sound, sounds pretty terrible, sorry man. You got to pick better sounds. With a quirky tune like this with the drums, you could go for some pharrell type shit. Listen to Suicide by Pusha T. That beat, to me, sounds like the "right" way to make a beat like the beat (I think) Youre going for. Keep at it and let me know if I can help with tips or whatever.

Check my newest track please:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...k/another-hard-trap-jam-you-check-f4f-467749/

Thanks for all the feedback everyone i'll be sure to return it when i get a minute (no sound at work). I tried the faster synth layering but it didn't work very well, too much going on at once.

Back