When I Look Back - new song- BSY - LCE- SUB 4 SUB let me kno - FEED FOR FEED AS ALWAY

T

TheEstroMan

When I Look Back - YouTube

BSY - BallingStartsYoung

First "attempt" at mixing don't know how much i actually did only used re-verb, eq , and compression

some "beginner" tips at mixing would be awesome

feedback on the song would be nice 2 - sidenote was suppose to switch up at 1:37 but other artist has writers block
( trying to explain the song structure, but isnt a serious beat anyways;person wouldnt lease it yet but let me hit the youtube link)

so i hope yall enjoy and i hit you back with a feed! thanks!

@TheEstroMan

Sounds good man. The track definitely has a dope feel to it, very atmospheric, beat sounds like something Drake might rock with. As far as the mix goes, it sounds good for a first attempt, but always remember 'records are never really finished, they are only forgotten'. There are so many YouTube videos on mixing different genres of music nowadays that you can learn different tricks and tips that way. But definitely a nice track overall. Keep at it homie.
Peace.

Sounds like a pretty good mix, I'm feeling it. I think the vocals would sound a little better if the end of certain phrases were doubled (main the rhyming words). Also, it sounds like the vocals are very slightly clipping/distorting in a couple spots. If that's happening in the recording phase make sure you're not running your microphones a little too loud. That's the main thing I noticed. Cool song though, I like it!

Thank u feed! Ill kept that in mind I have a shure sm7b on a mbox 3 so I have to crank it 90% just to power it so its kinda hard to find the sweet spot

Last edited by a moderator:
lyrics are pretty awesome, voice is well mixed so are the harmonies, but maybe put in fast high hats where you start rappin fast, and also try some bass and beat variation!

Breadcrumb- thanks for the feed man! Didn't make the beat so I can't really do 2 much to it, esp cuz I didn't even lease it its just a lil non profit piece I did in like an hour

The beat and lyrics are dope!!! I was just a lil confused of the construction of the song. I wasn't sure where the chorus was or if there was a pre-chorus..But That's it , Nice Work DEDICATION+MOTIVATION+SACRIFICE=SUCCESS:victory: CHECK iT OUT https://soundcloud.com/classactent-groupinc/trappstarr-wiecz-kid

Yeah I kno why u have that feeling, originally I was going to end at 1:37 and then a artist boof me so the construction of it is a lil weird :/

Nice punchy kick mate. The pad sounds are dead nice and the vocals have got a good space in the mix.

It's good man. Thanks for your feedback on my beat.

Yo, you got a good flow man, I thought you were about to fall off a few times, but you rode that beat well. Kinda reminds me a Paul Wall (not to take nothing away from your style though)

B- no worries all good over here! thanks for the feed!

zap- i think its because i had to turn up the opening part just a lil but idk 4 sure and ll get u back now!

dru - thanks man! ill get u kno 2!

Back