A Sampled Beat (F4F)

Chops could've been better and that start transition needs work. Once you clean it up a bit it should start sounding better. Good luck!
Feedback in Sig

I do love the samples, and most of the mix sounds quite good - but a couple of the chops as was stated before sound a little too stuttered. But that's more of a personal preference so don't take my word for it.

The one thing that stands out in my mind is that I would layer another snare along with the sample that's already there to fatten it up, and maybe another kick as well with some heavy compression. Something pretty dirty would really do the trick on both parts. But the soulful sample is killer!

Overall great work – keep it up my friend!

I recently made a remix of Chromeo’s “Jealous (I Ain’t With It)” for a competition – I would very much appreciate your feedback on it, and if enjoy it I ask you to please click “vote.” It can be heard at this link:

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportu...missions/c0371f18-f18b-11e3-ad95-22000b2410cc

One small vote could help me achieve my dreams – but only if you feel it is deserving!

Cheers!

I do love the samples, and most of the mix sounds quite good - but a couple of the chops as was stated before sound a little too stuttered. But that's more of a personal preference so don't take my word for it.

The one thing that stands out in my mind is that I would layer another snare along with the sample that's already there to fatten it up, and maybe another kick as well with some heavy compression. Something pretty dirty would really do the trick on both parts. But the soulful sample is killer!

Overall great work – keep it up my friend!

I recently made a remix of Chromeo’s “Jealous (I Ain’t With It)” for a competition – I would very much appreciate your feedback on it, and if enjoy it I ask you to please click “vote.” It can be heard at this link:

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportu...missions/c0371f18-f18b-11e3-ad95-22000b2410cc

One small vote could help me achieve my dreams – but only if you feel it is deserving!

Cheers!

I was thinking of changing the drums too, wanted to make them hit harder and a little dirtier too. Thanks for the feed, I'll be sure to get to yours really soon.

Dope sample. I dig the chops too homie. I would just suggest adding some more sounds to the verse,maybe a cowbell or some kind of percussions, that way it'll bring out the other instruments some. If you added a deep bass, it could give the beat a extra umph ya know? I like the beat though homie. Its very 9th wonder-ish. Heres my song for feedback:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dback/wavy-summer-jam-jesus-muzik-f4f-480115/

Thanks for listening man, 9th is one of my influences along with Dilla, Madlib, Knxwledge, Pete, and Preemo. I'll be sure to give you your feedback soon.

always love hearing these types of beats and reminded why I fell in love with this stuff.

to echo what some others said, with a sample (and vocal) this distinct, the more you can vary it, the better, but I see the influence and I like the track. keep experimenting too.

Back