Sampled Hip Hop Beat (F4F)

Nipharu

Black America x Japan
Let me know what you guys think of this one (i.e. what sounds off, what might need touching up)

Comment your links too so I can check them out and return the favor

real smooth vibe. relaxing. its got a jazzy feel, wouldve liked to hear maybe some open hats jazzy style to go with it, and a lil more variation.

kick could use more low end ... could be bigger give the track more impact ... the keys in the sample sound dope ... dont understand why you took those out ... kinda dark jazzy feel ... could of used those keys for the switch up or jst to add some more to the beat ... keep it up ... returned

pretty smooth and relax ,,I don't like the double snare tap though , but no complain for the rest .. You could also use some filters to make transitions or more variations

I actually think the kick fits the song really well. Since it's such a mellow song I don't mind if the kick has less bottom and punch. It's true however that the sample is not fascinating enough to be looped just like that. As previous commenters said I'd play around with filters. Other than that I like the warmth of the track!

Kinda sound like a Joey Bada$$ beat, i think it needs more variation, but with vocals on i think it will be better

smooth man but it sounds not that good on my Krks. Too much low and lower mid frequencies so bring the volume of the sample up or if it has too much bass eq it and bring it up. Its also really quiet put some compresion on the kick and push the sample thats my suggestion or use a limiter but be careful limiter is also compressing.. But i know what u are going for and your other beats are dope as well!

thanks for checking out my track

cool sampled beat here, at some points the chops seemed to be a little off. i think the drums could be a little more pronounced. i liked the breakdown at around 1:13. maybe a switch up in drum patterns could be cool. good work and keep at it :cheers:

I actually think the kick fits the song really well. Since it's such a mellow song I don't mind if the kick has less bottom and punch. It's true however that the sample is not fascinating enough to be looped just like that. As previous commenters said I'd play around with filters. Other than that I like the warmth of the track!

Thanks man, I've been working on trying to get a warmer sound in my mixing

smooth man but it sounds not that good on my Krks. Too much low and lower mid frequencies so bring the volume of the sample up or if it has too much bass eq it and bring it up. Its also really quiet put some compresion on the kick and push the sample thats my suggestion or use a limiter but be careful limiter is also compressing.. But i know what u are going for and your other beats are dope as well!

Thanks for checking this out man, I kept running into problems with the low mid frequencies I gotta work on processing those better, I normally mix my stuff down to -6 then use a limiter on the master bus to bring it up

Thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate you guys taking the time out to check this out

Back