Chill Hip Hop Vibes Here

C Royal

Fruity Loops Supporter

This is my entry for Defunk's remix contest. Use the some of the provided stems, mostly the talk boxing and vocals. After that kind of ran with it and added some of my own instrumentation to give it my own take. Hope you all dig it!

Loving the chord progression and keys played here. Such a sexy song with that synth line just bouncing around on the bottom. Great vocal sample and I love how you switch up the chord progression a few times to keep the song really moving to different locations. This is one of the better produced songs I've heard on these forums in a while and it gives me hope in my fellow producers not being brainwashed by all the trap and "music" that's on the radios! Not really much I have to complain about or critique on this one because you've managed to channel a few of my favorite groups in this one - Jazzanova, Neptunes.

Oh daym - I just realized it was you Scottie Royal!! Should've known a G like slide a gem past me LOL!

Check me out at: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...outh-etc/apollo-archangels-track-f4fa-480816/

yo this is dope! Iono why but I can see the old school kanye on this track. Very well produced. Another example of practice makes perfect! You don't need to feed me, but it'd be cool if you check out my song "Internationally Known"

If you like the track, follow me & I'll follow back.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys! Maybe I should just start name dropping in my thread titles...maybe I'd get some more views instead of constantly falling to page 2 obscurity. :hmmm:

Thanks for the feedback guys! Maybe I should just start name dropping in my thread titles...maybe I'd get some more views instead of constantly falling to page 2 obscurity. :hmmm:

Don't feel bad, Scotty - I never understand how you can get 70 page views with only 3 replies and 8 listens to the actual track on Soundcloud. I guess we need to either name drop or make a standard trap beat with zero melodies other than a 4 note synth on a constant loop - people don't want to hear music anymore unless it sounds like what's on the radio right now.

Ever since I made the bold claim that imo DJ Mustard is a successful producer, but makes music that to me is straight garbage and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Timbaland/Neptunes/9th Wonder people have been fryin me up and blackballing my track. Keep grinding and know that real musicians like us that don't follow the radio have a longer shelf life than the herd that gets slaughtered.

OMG... Dude this is soo gadamnn funky. Had to listen through it at least 3 times before even writing anything. I love the Daft Punk vocoder you have in there. That funky bass synth is the shit! Every sound just compliments each other so damn well and the mix is pretty much perfect... Just so smooth on the ears. I really don't have anything bad to say about it because it;s just that damn good.

Props man, that blew me away lol
Followed on soundcloud

Thanks guys, good to hear this type of music is still somewhat relevant in this day and age!

scottie, you always deliver with the funky freshness. you have quite a sound you're developing with all of these remixes. those drums are swinging. there's a reason I private messaged you to ask for some secrets :) the arrangement makes a ton of sense, love the way the energy builds. and the mix is real solid. the kick and snare punch right out over the multitude of elements you have going on, the use of reverb is pristine, and everything has its own space. awesome work buddy

Back