Aggressive Orchestral String Beat, Feed for Feed

Found this crazy Asian sample and I made a rap beat out of it.

What are your overall impressions? How is the mix? What do you think can be improved? Please be specific. Drop a link and I'll feed back, peace.

I think you could add some heavy bass here. Bells are unnecessary imo they don't fit well with the rest. I like the melody in here, it sounds very nice:) You can check my latest beat here New heavy trap beat f4f

Last edited by a moderator:
The chorus and bells don't go well together, maybe use the bells more sparingly. The drums are nice and crunchy, but I feel like they don't go well with the rest of the beat and sit on top of the mix too much, as well as feeling a bit too programmed for the organic feel. Thanks for the feed, and keep it up!

I think drums are good for this sample, and it is a nice sample from witch you could really create a dark tune.
Bells and voices are very wrong though, this is why I would advise you to start from a blank canvas, keep, the sample and the feel of these drums, and built something more bassy and less dreamy (voices and bells).
Good luck.

Hey, I like the vibe of this. That thunder drum is really cool when it comes and the chorus part is a nice touch as well. Now for the critique part lol the mix could use some work in my opinion. It kind of sound like it was put through a high pass filter. Like there doesn't seem to be much low end. Also the strings, I think are cool with a high pass filter sound but I think it's a bit too much. The drum pattern is nice but the drums in general I think could use a bit more punch. Those are pretty much the only issues I had with it. But I honestly do like where you were going with this. It could potentially have a very epic sound, if the mix was a little better. Keep it up :-) and thanks for the feedback on my track, I really appreciate it.

I say tone down the bell a shit ton. There's a segment where the bells start going ballistic, and it kind of drowns out the snare. Maybe bump the snare up very slightly just to give it more depth. I definitely like the tone of everything though.

As already said, the bell should be tuned down. I like the snare sample a lot, I would just turn the volume up a notch. I think your violins need some eqing towards the higher frequency range. The silent part at 2:47 sounds a bit weird to me. I would let something, like the hihat continue or start that quiet section off with a kick to indicate that something new is happening. Hope i make sense ;)

First of all, your question. Inverted mountain is just a mountain but inverted lol. We just liked the name. And its original!

Thanks for the fact you told our beat made you think of dansonn. Thats a great compliment.
Your beat sounds awesome. I think the mix could be more crispy. some more highs would be nice. And the tubular bell sounds out of tune. But i really like it. Awesome work!!

Back