Miguel - Adorn (Benny Liang Remix) (ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED!)

nice track...i like the rhodes...and the breakdown...mix sounds clean and has great depth...nice job, vocals and beat mesh well together...keep grinding.

Thanks for sharing this track! Very enjoyable, I like the stereo spread you've got here. I'm enjoying the complimentary synths, and the chill vibe is relaxing. The percussive high end is also well done. My suggestions: the arpeggio panned right is nice but sounds too rigid and gets repetitive after a while. Perhaps you could try automating a velocity envelope to give the arpeggio more swing/syncopation. I'd also widen the stereo spread of your vocals, it sounds pretty mono right now. Maybe just a filter delay or a subtle auto pan could help. Regarding your mix, I'd boost your bass, it has a relatively minor presence compared to everything else; if you're clipping maybe try a more aggressive high pass above 250-300Hz on everything that isnt bass or kick. Lastly, for some variety, I'd chop up the vocals maybe during the bridge, and try some resampling. Keep up the great work!

man i love how clear in the mix your kick is on this track! the beat change up is really nice as well. very dope man.

dope work man, thanks for the honest info on my thread also

scifer had some good input also the only thing i would say is maybe chop up the vocals
to make it your version. overall you freaked the track pretty well.

Not really into that kind of music, but really well made, seems the vocals were made for it !
Great mixing overall, sounds really pro, nice work ;)

Not really my style so its difficult to critique without knowledge of similar beats and artists. I do however like the spread. Personally I feel the vocals could be a little more clear but again, I don't know if it was what you were aiming for.

Wow! Very good song. Reminds me of the Weeknd. Like this a lot. Synth choice is very nice, chords are on point! Can't fault a thing.

I'm not really into much R&B, but this is clearly really tight. Nice progression, mix, drums, synth, melody, everything. Sounds real professional, I can't find any major flaws. Keep it up homie.

This beat it tight. I love the R&B lead worming around during the hook as well as the pad chords sprouting up here and there. I wasn't really feelin the gated synth parts but it wasn't enough to deter me from enjoying this overall - just a personal preference I think. For the drums I thought the hi hats were mixed and programmed exceptionally well as were the percs. The mix was tight as well. Everything popped nicely.

Thanks for the feed on mine too.

YO. YOU KILLED THIS ONE BENNY.
Excuse the caps lock. But i really cant fault this one! This one needs more plays.

Good to hear your still at it bro! Thanks for the feedback!

Back