New Mac Miller Type Beat (F4F!)

Wow this is really nice man, the only part I don't like is the section between 1.36 and 2.00, just wasn't quite feeling that melody change up, I don't think it really needs the change up anyway but that could be just me! The hook and the transition into the hook sounds really clean and the different melodies compliment each other really well. Also, check your Soundcloud inbox, I sent you a message.

feeling this man. really like the intro and the composition in general.. it's nice and relaxing but not to the point that it gets dull. really nicely done. Also.. justs my oppinion but the kicks are too... low? too much low end not enough punch.. (just my oppinion) keep it up.

first thought...smoooth! The only crit i can think of in the verse section the oboe i think it is seems too prominent, like it would be battling with the vocalist. Also around 2:40 it just seems a bit confused or jumbled when everything comes in together. Interesting beat though, not really my style but it's pulling me in your direction lol. good stuff

It's odd but not to the point of being bad.....<<<that was my initial impression
Then, during the final 16 bars it all came together for me, the 'nature' of it.

I guess you could say i didnt like the melody to begin with but it all came together very nicely, and you gain credibility in the end...it turned out to be a great melody!

MAybe smoother opening lead idk

great work

I like this, and even listened to some of your other beats. They feel like they should be played live with an audience, I like the natural feel of it all. You have a style that not many people are touching right now with the whole electronic and trap wave. Keep doing you, makes you stand out. Back to the beat though. I like the oboe, it seems to be the heart of the song, I feel it should be more up front in parts where all the instruments come in, and better blended with the piano at the verse parts with a touch of reverb. Overall good sound though, keep at it.

Edit: I listened some more and think you would benefit a lot from studying mixing, and learning how to give instruments their own space so the frequencies don't clash. Your composition is great, some of it just needs some mixing.

Last edited:
this is really good! Im writing this as i listen to the beat. The mood it gives out is awesome, the sax or whatever you have going on behind the lead is real good. There are some things i would change but there would be minimal and more my style but congratulations on your project! ill be listening to your tracks in the future!

Feed me back please? :)
https://soundcloud.com/akirakunr/lose-yourself-to-dance

Very inspiring! I like it alot...I think someone mentioned this already but the horn sounding instrument seems kinda dominant. Good job man! (im new here, you're the first i give feedback to.)

I've listened to a lot of your beats and there all super chill man I love your style. The only thing I would change is put that main oboe/sax? in the hook and leave the verse some room for a rapper, also maybe add more punch to the kick. Your beats are super dope I feel they could be played in a bar or something this would sound so dope with live instruments.

this is very jazzy... i like the instruments used..however the mix needs work...the song is really rich in the mids you need to bring the low end up...try a deeper kick drum drop the LF on the bass to around 55-60 hz...and try to level out all the instruments to around the same db before doing any frequency adjustment and compression adjustments as well

I really wasn't feeling this one at all. No real ear grabbing melody for your brain to latch on to... and the intro took too long to build. I didn't like your instrument selection much either. The tone of that string that comes in at 22 seconds sounds really bad to me.

Not trying to hate, just give you some criticism.

Keep at it man.

Back