How would you describe my style F4F

I started producing a few months back and I've been told I'm progressing quickly in a short period of time. but I'm always getting asked what my style is and i never know what to say. So if you could listen around to as many of my songs as you can to formulate an opinion it would be very much appreciated. What would you say my style is and why? ill also take any and all feedback. Feedback will be returned asap. Also please let me know which songs you listened to.:monkey:

http://soundcloud.com/mad-maeastro

http://soundcloud.com/mad-maeastro/sets

P.S. i know a lot of my songs have to be touched up in one way or another and that the great escape has timing issues i gotta work out.:monkey:

Thanks guys!! :monkey:

Last edited:
some of these tracks have good potential, just work a bit more to find some elements that make it sound a little more professional and it will sound great, keep it up

Came here to return some feed, but the links aren't working

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

There's some great ideas at play here, do you quantize though? It sounds like hip-hop more than anything to me, you clearly love your 808s. There's some great ideas at play, but slow down and work on your mixing and making all of your sounds perfectly crisp. Keep grinding, shoot me a follow and I'll hit you right back.

Came here to return some feed, but the links aren't working

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

There's some great ideas at play here, do you quantize though? It sounds like hip-hop more than anything to me, you clearly love your 808s. There's some great ideas at play, but slow down and work on your mixing and making all of your sounds perfectly crisp. Keep grinding, shoot me a follow and I'll hit you right back.

thnx will do

I don't know what genre it is, I would say it spans multiple genres but generally includes hip-hop influences. As people have said, you have really great ideas, just some trouble with the execution at parts. For instance "Melodic" has really cool synth work but the drums do not work very well - they clash pretty hard with the style of the synths. I would consider increasing the tempo if you are using those drums. On "The Great Escape" your bell-like FM synth line is awesome, but your kick drums kinda just plod along and your claps are pretty low in the mix.

I think once you get some new drum samples and step up your mixing a little bit you will be dropping bangers. Keep it up man, you have awesome ideas!

I don't know what genre it is, I would say it spans multiple genres but generally includes hip-hop influences. As people have said, you have really great ideas, just some trouble with the execution at parts. For instance "Melodic" has really cool synth work but the drums do not work very well - they clash pretty hard with the style of the synths. I would consider increasing the tempo if you are using those drums. On "The Great Escape" your bell-like FM synth line is awesome, but your kick drums kinda just plod along and your claps are pretty low in the mix.

I think once you get some new drum samples and step up your mixing a little bit you will be dropping bangers. Keep it up man, you have awesome ideas!

I agree with this.

I took a listen to your first 5 tracks, since they are probably your best and most recent work. I like the laidback darkness to them. This might sound dumb, but I wouldn't worry about what "style" you fall under. Sometimes those labels can hold you back from your full potential. Make your style YOU and go from there

Keep up the good work!

Hm, seems to me like your tracks are kinda rnb/dance type stuff. You seem to use a lot of bright high end synths too. A lot of the ebats have some potential, you just might need to fill in some spots here and there.

Great creativity,nice sense of rhythm as well. Keep on giving your tracks whatever vibe you fell at the moment bro, the mixing or "studio sound" will come in time bro. Don't even name your style keep people on there toes!

really dope dude, really abstract a lot of your beats sound good but also kinda sound lacking, it might just be the sound youre going for kinda empty and the only thing it could really be missing would be a person rapping over them, regardless theyre dope but somewhat lacking in some respect, although thats not certainly a bad thing, sometimes less is more

Back