"Grown Up"- YMCMB/Drake/Type/Original Beat F4F

I think this beat has potential, but you should go back through it and mix it some more. For the intro part, I would fade that in using a filter, instead of a volume ride. Also, that pad sound that is pretty continuous throughout most of the song could benefit from being turned down a bit. It overpowers the drums, and you want those drums knocking throughout. Only other suggestion I have is doing some EQ'ing on that that piano melody. Smooth it out a little bit, compress the hell out of it, and soften up the high end, so it isn't so stand-out'ish. This is a darker hip-hop joint, and the choir parts fit nice, just touch up those few areas I mentioned, and you have a banger.

the panning of the piano at the beginning is a nice touch. i would tighten up the snare with a noise gate to tighten it up cuz it seems to last just a tad bit too long and compress it a bit. so instead of compressing maybe just turn it up a little and the kick too. and maybe pan the hit hat to the side slightly. the composition and arrangement is solid tho.

SoundClick artist: HE'S NOT A MONSTER - page with MP3 music downloads

"hes a chocobo, not a monster, hes called bobby corwen"

hey guys thanks good to get some honest detailed feedback. Yeah I might check out a filter and see how that works instead, give it some variety. yeah I feel you on the EQ, I think it needs to be brought in some areas on the piano. thanks Casbeatz. Props ballin102 Ill hit you up with a PM Im curious to hear more about the noise gate on the snare. I tried turning up the kick but I was worried it was gonna make the my headphones pop haha... props on that Ill check your link.

Hey man, good work, this has some real potential.

I think the verses need a little work. The choir sound sounds basic, maybe swith up your sounds, You tried massive or Sylenth1 vsts? they got some nice stuff on there!

Good work but, you can really build on this peace!

Back