(F4F) Sampled Hip Hop Joint

jamaldi

Any feedback would be appreciated guys and returned in a hurry, working on my first beat tape which I'm looking to release 7 or 8 months from when I started making beats, I'm around the 5-6 month mark and I'm thinking this track is a possible contender.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

this is definetely different man. the bassline is super groovy. i would suggest extending your beats man they really do have potential. look forward to hearing your beattape man. ill follow you on SC

Love Spanish guitar, so this beat def caught my attention - I just wish it flowed more naturally like the bass (sorry, I'm a guitarist and always partial to live instrumentation especially guitars). The beat needs to knock more, maybe add some Soundgoodizer. And add some variation to the instrumentation besides just the chopped guitar sample. A solid foundation, but this beat needs some more body, polish and EQ'ing. Good start.

The chops on this guitar were cool. Gotz to work on your drumz tho. An OG told me years back, this hip hop shit is all about your drums.

If your drums punch and smack, got a lil variation from time to time (even when its not a trap beat, cause we know how those go) it can really drive a sample like this home.

I think I understand where you were going with the bassline, it just didnt hug on the drums enough for my personal taste. Double up sometimes, mix and match snares to add more depth to your drum patterns. That's my advice.

the overall mix seems a little quiet to me, i would like to hear those drums KNOCK, as they should in hip hop beats, chop sound great tho and that bassline clean as hell keep it up

Your beats are great man. The track with the spanish guitar, the bass doesn't sound like it agrees too well in the song, but it all sounds great other than that, your drums are great you've got some good stuff man keep it up.
Feedback (Check the rest of the stuff on my soundcloud too if you don't mind)

Back