Experimental Hip-Hop Beat F4F

I really like the melody that comes in at 43 seconds and the percussion in the song, but i feel like its missing something. Like more substance on the drums or something, but thats just IMO.

im trying to study more complex drum patterns and delays but thanks for the feedback ^.^

I see that you've learned how to avoid the downbeat (or beat 1). Perhaps this is what you mean by "complex patterns." Polyrhythm and Polymeter will be essential concepts if you continue to study non-Western drum patterns. Your success in tackling them will depend on your basic understanding of *beats* and *meter.*

I am conflicted about the use of vinyl noise on this track. At certain times it fits well with the string sounds--convincingly vintage. But when the track gets ambient in the middle with the prominent synth, I loose my affection for the vinyl scratches.

yes i did the eq on the master to see if I over maxed sounds and yea lol i have this vintage plugin that has a constant play on so technically i cant turn it off any good vintage scratch plugins

Where did you get these flute, string and harp like sounds? They sound f*ckin well :D the only con I can find is that the song almost feels totally mono. Try playing with the percussion and maybe the harp to widen the mix. :)

Back