Ambient Electronica (Jai Paul, Jasmine Edit)

KingCity

Not sure how to describe it, its kind of ambient with guitars. C4C.
Looking for any kind of feedback.
If you have any ideas on how to mix the guitar parts better would be appreciated too.

Holy fackk!!! This track is very good, I liked a lot. It is kinda of a punk ambient electronica.

I just don't understand one thing, it looks like you have 2 tracks in one.

I liked the first part a lot, except for that high pitched percursion that comes in at 1:06.

It looks like the drums (specially the snare) could have more high end frequencies.

The guitar is mixed very well to my ears. I wouldn't change it.

I hope my opinion has helped!

-4ngus

Returning feed. Digging the vibe of this one. It's pretty unique, but I can rock with it. I like those vocal samples, but I think they somewhat dominate the mix. Drums keep it vibing. I'm liking the live guitar. Low synth is cool. Nothing bad to say, I just think the vol levels could be ****ed with a little to give all instruments room to breathe. Nice work. oh damn, glad I stuck it out for the guitar solo. pretty simple solo but it grooves, nice job on this.

first, iunno this mix feels abit muffled, but i like the 80s montage vibe. not a fan of the cowbells, they are just too ufront. still like the vibes, i like the sounds. just get that mix right n ur set.

i can see your a new producer but see your a good guitar players so gonna give you some tips the best i can and not sugar coat it cause you don't grow that way.

edits] lots of pops and clicks in the start and end of samples
instruments} the bass is very repetitive only staying in a one note state threw the entire song when it would really benifit stay in the key of the song playing in that key for the groove
sound choice] sounds like a lot of rough sounds were used for this and not high quality ones
mix] not needed if this is just a draft or just for fun

Last edited:
Hey, this song is really cool, but I have a few thoughts!

* I like the taste of the sound selection, but I think they could use some sprucing up either with the mix or with plugins.
* I think the cow bells work alright, but they could find a better place in the mix.
* The mix could definitely use some work, a bit less in the mid-range would probably go a long way to accent the highs and lows.

I would say as an artistic piece this is pretty good music, especially the first half.

You wanted some advice on mixing so this is what I think. The first half sounded great everything had a space or location... but the clarity wasn't there.

And I recently just learned this about my Bus Compression setup... Now I peak limit everything and Rms compress still....I treat each track separately or make groups and send them all to 1 bus that locks their volume levels in sync with each other...so their respective volumes and other controls can be used to add cohesiveness and clarity......if you don't put a roof over your sounds their Volumes will bounce around and thou don't want that, you want control :).

another thing to add great separation is treating each track individually with EQ...I EQ my tracks twice and then again on my Main Channel output. So a lot of EQ goes into it as well we know this...Eq is simple, just Cut out the low end for all your mid-hi to hi frequencies. But also be creative with EQ Automations to make the track move around.

For guitars in particular, reverb and stereo effects work well with raising those sounds above the mix while leaving the Low end intact.

The Second half of the track seemed kinda unnecessary...but its your track and u can do what u want..in the fashion of 'ambient music', then sure, this would fit the profile....but it also had many other styles in it as well. I found it hard to listen to Sonically....something in the bass was over bearing...it sounds like you raised the EQ of the lo end.

Instead of raising the EQ on the low end to make it sound fuller....Use Izotope Ozone Maximizer or another Maximizer...it adds sonics to the bass and is a good tool I use.

Mixing things takes time....you can check out my http://www.soundcloud.com/Cyan-Records and see for yourself....my experimental tracks are all over the place and really i've just been testing the limitations of 'Music Creation' and only recently have started to understand a lot easier how to do things and why i'm doing them. Anyway Nice track bro, keep doing this and you'll start having big breakthrus and advancements :victory: lol

I love the guitar parts. This is a great track.
I suggest you to add another type of voice under the track (in the first part, till 2.09).
I would reduce the cymbals volume, I think they are too high (but I can't give you some detailed info about that because my studio is really poor, only a laptop and 2 monitors unprofessional that cost 10€ both, but if I were you I'll do a test reducing the volume of the cymbals).

Otherwise, great production. Keep it up! ;)

Back