Dreamy track "Flying"

Wow. You are a talented composer. This reminds me Donnie Darko in some way. You should actually consider doing it with real instruments. I'd love to hear that piano played on a bit dusty upright piano. The only thing that bothered me about the mix is the high end on the brass. It might sound cool to distort it just a little bit and take the top off. But thats just my opinion. The other tracks on your site are nice too. Love Sleepy mask.

Thanks for the feedback, very nice :) Haven't seen Donnie Darko in a loooong time, will have to check it out again soon. I have no means of recording acoustically at the moment.

The brass part is actually a unison part of strings panned right and a sawtooth synth on the left, did you listen to it fairly quietly? I think it sounds more like brass and kinda hissy if it's quiet, loses it's grit.

Absolutely beautiful piece of music. I could def see this in a movie, which I hope is what your going for. Mix and everything sounded proper.

If your ever interested in collaborating on a hip hop, pop or RnB instrumental sometime I'd love to get a chance to work with you. Just DM me if you are.

Great work.

Absolutely beautiful piece of music. I could def see this in a movie, which I hope is what your going for. Mix and everything sounded proper.

If your ever interested in collaborating on a hip hop, pop or RnB instrumental sometime I'd love to get a chance to work with you. Just DM me if you are.

Great work.

Cheers ;) The track provides the soundtrack for a video my friend made about flying in dreams, I've recently started to do that for all of his videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axd2SGWKYEw
I've not done any collab work before, that could be cool - but I'm not sure how it works exactly.

very nice, soothing and mystical. I agree with the guys up top, movie scores would be an awesome place for you to be.

Return the feeed if you have time.
https://soundcloud.com/djelytal/nicky-romero-symphonica-elytal

Returned ;) Thanks, I don't know how comfortable I'd be working on a professional project yet, but yeah - I'm interested in potentially doing scores/soundtrack stuff in the future. Not sure how I'd break into that field though.

Yeah i can hear it now! Sorry'bout that. Supernice tho!

Cheers ;)

Last edited:
Very good composition! It might be because I am a string player, but the strings sound generated, if your going for a radio quality track I would play around with the sequencer, but all in all sounds amazing!

Very good composition! It might be because I am a string player, but the strings sound generated, if your going for a radio quality track I would play around with the sequencer, but all in all sounds amazing!

Hey, yeah the strings are midi - I guess I'm a bit weird in that I've always liked midi-sounding versions of instruments. What do you mean by "play around with the sequencer"? make the strings sound more organic? if so, how?

Hey, that's honestly a question I've been trying to answer for a bit so it may have been crummy advice. It might need some trial and error, and this is a bit nondescript but maybe try to play around with it a little and use your ear. Just some refining. I play in a symphony at school so I have a very critical ear when it comes to strings, maybe to a different producer its not that big of a deal, hopefully someone else can input their opinion on the topic.

Hey, that's honestly a question I've been trying to answer for a bit so it may have been crummy advice. It might need some trial and error, and this is a bit nondescript but maybe try to play around with it a little and use your ear. Just some refining. I play in a symphony at school so I have a very critical ear when it comes to strings, maybe to a different producer its not that big of a deal, hopefully someone else can input their opinion on the topic.

That's pretty damn vague, haha.

Back