Dr. Dre "Detox" Style Beat (Feed For Feed)

nice intro, got a nice club feel to it bro, i like them kicks, theyre really knocking, damn im feeling that piano, and the strings are real nice too, this is dope, i fux with this all day, the mix sounds real clean, the whole track fits well together, this is a solid track bro, nice work

return feed https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/new-video-freestyle-wordz-prod-drage-two-one-plus-new-channel-ldnextv-405527/
if you have left feedback before so please just watch the video again in return, to help with my youtube views thanks

nice intro, got a nice club feel to it bro, i like them kicks, theyre really knocking, damn im feeling that piano, and the strings are real nice too, this is dope, i fux with this all day, the mix sounds real clean, the whole track fits well together, this is a solid track bro, nice work

return feed https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/new-video-freestyle-wordz-prod-drage-two-one-plus-new-channel-ldnextv-405527/
if you have left feedback before so please just watch the video again in return, to help with my youtube views thanks

Thanks for the kind words. Really appreciate it. Your beat sounds good. What software are you using? I'd only mix the vocals a touch lower, and bring the music up a touch higher. Other than that, no changes.

sounds a bit too wet and techno for a dre beat but the composition is nice, just not the come out of it, needs different tweaking and mixing/mastering

F4F= You lick my ass and I'll Lick yours.

You used a sound similar to "under pressure" which to me is the whackest beat Dre ever did and shouldnt make the cut for DETOX... but using DRE's name as a way to get hits is genius... I applaud you

sounds a bit too wet and techno for a dre beat but the composition is nice, just not the come out of it, needs different tweaking and mixing/mastering

Thanks for the feedback. Well, it was my understanding that "Detox" was going in that techno direction, with "Under Pressure" and all. So that's why it's a little more techno-sounding.

As for the reverb, I could understand that. Didn't sound right to my ears when I pulled it back, but different tastes...

This isn't mastered, BTW. Just mixed.

Checked out the song in your sig, liked it a lot when those piano keys came in. Nice work.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

F4F= You lick my ass and I'll Lick yours.

You used a sound similar to "under pressure" which to me is the whackest beat Dre ever did and shouldnt make the cut for DETOX... but using DRE's name as a way to get hits is genius... I applaud you

Yeah, I personally liked "Under Pressure", but lots of people didn't. Dre sampling/interpolating Kraftwerk was kind of cool, I thought.

Wasn't trying to use his name to get hits, just was inspired by "Detox" to make the track...

I don't know if you were looking for feedback or not...but I checked out your stuff, and I liked the piano in "King Of NY".

naa i wasnt looking for feedback, i dont like feed for feed, it generally causes people not to give their honest opinions

naa i wasnt looking for feedback, i dont like feed for feed, it generally causes people not to give their honest opinions

when someone gives you a compliment, ''naaaah wasn't looking for feedback'' is a REALLY classy thing to say

Last edited:
when someone gives you a compliment, ''naaaah wasn't looking for feedback'' is a REALLY classy thing to say
I just told him I didnt like F4F but he does it any way, how classy is that? When I want an opinion on something I'LL ASK... like he did.

pretty coo beat man. I like the techno sounds. Your mix could be a bit better though. Its just way too loud

Thanks. I already gave you feedback on one of your tracks, but your layout on Soundclick is really nice also. I just made sure it was about the same volume as Johnny Juliano and all the other Soundclick mainstays. Hate the loudness wars myself.

thermionic304,

I checked out your track "Absolve". This track is very nice! I can see why it's #159. I can hear Dr. Dre and the entire westcoast ripping this! I love your break downs and I really enjoy that big snappy snare!

Overall this is hot! Keep em coming bro!

Check out my track/thread:
the BIG shots - "DADA" (Charting @ #55) - The-Dream R&B Track [ALL FEEDBACK Returned]
Looking forward to your feedback!

Also, check out our blog where we break down today's current hits and show you exactly what chords are used!
The Big Shots

- the BIG shots

quality sound bro, mix is on point.

Thanks, appreciate it. I mix all of my tracks myself, but this one I actually had mixed by Grammy-winner Brent Kolatalo.

Check him out if you guys need stuff mixed, he does a great job.

Checked out your Soundcloud, "That Kali Sun" is real nice, love the strings.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

thermionic304,

I checked out your track "Absolve". This track is very nice! I can see why it's #159. I can hear Dr. Dre and the entire westcoast ripping this! I love your break downs and I really enjoy that big snappy snare!

Overall this is hot! Keep em coming bro!

Check out my track/thread:
the BIG shots - "DADA" (Charting @ #55) - The-Dream R&B Track [ALL FEEDBACK Returned]
Looking forward to your feedback!

Also, check out our blog where we break down today's current hits and show you exactly what chords are used!
The Big Shots

- the BIG shots

Thanks for the kind words. Checked out "DADA", sounds very professional. I like the Nintendo-sounding synth throughout. I also like the synth vox.

Nice job!

Last edited:
Back