Cratehead - Contusao - Experimental Beat - F4F

plotneezy

I'm trying to experiment with different melodies, tell me what you think of this track. I want (and need) criticism.

Real interesting. It feels like something I would hear in the errie part of a scary movie. I can hardly hear the drums coming through over that high string tremolo. Think the mix needs a fair amount of work. A break from the high strings and some freq. cuts would make this much better. I can see where this could be a nice basis for a more sampled type beat if you were to chop this up and get some mean drums over it.

Its got potential but needs some work.

Keep it up!

Needs some work, too repetitive and some kicks are not on time. Is that a sample? Maybe you should have chopped it up and make something totally different?

I don't know what to think about this. there is something really dope about this. very unique production. I like it. but layer your drums tho, they not coming in hard enough

Intro is awesome, and overall i dig it. Very unique and thats the way i like it. Drums are very low tho, and the beat could have been much better if there was some variation... What i mean is, the high-end strings that continue throughout the whole track becomes excessive and un-needed really.. You could've taken them out in the middle, and just let the drums and basslines grove for a bit.. and then bring em back in if you want. Brings the listener through different levels and rides.. but yeah, still dope. Keep grinding

sounds scary as hell...im having a hard time to hear the drums tho...nice melody just turn the drums up a bit

Back