Chill Spacetrap F4F

quintillion

The only reason I'm labelling it trap is because of the "Hey" sample I used, but other than that it's not all that trappy. Would love any feedback or criticism. Does anybody have suggestions for compressing the kick drum? I couldn't quite get the thump I was looking for. Anyway this was my first real attempt to mix and master, so let me know how I did with that as well. Post some links and I'll return the feedback.

Last edited:
Thanks for listening, and for your constructive comments. I got rid of the High Verb effect I had on the whole drum rack, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference. I'm using Ableton and was wondering if you think the EQ should be chained before compression or after?

Thanks dude, yeah I was imagining lifting off into space, then like coming out of hyperspace and finding yourself cruising through a crazy new galaxy haha. How would you suggest making it wider, with reverb or just a little lower threshold on my compression? Listening to your own spacey music right now, really digging it.

The only reason I'm labelling it trap is because of the "Hey" sample I used, but other than that it's not all that trappy. Would love any feedback or criticism. Does anybody have suggestions for compressing the kick drum? I couldn't quite get the thump I was looking for. Anyway this was my first real attempt to mix and master, so let me know how I did with that as well. Post some links and I'll return the feedback.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Creative sound i must say. Thats a headbopper for real. Im grinding in the office to this right now.

digging this my man justy smoked an L and this is getting me in the chill mode lol ids say reduce the reverb on drums, add more on the synth , as for the drum have you tried layering it with another kick to give it more thickness that might give you the thump your looking for but i like the softed bump to be honest you dont wanna go too hard on this track youll loose that vibe great working pimpin keep grinding !returning feed!

Lol, thanks a lot for giving it a listen man!

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

thanks everybody, you're makin my day!

You have a decent mix here, you have the ideal of compression which is key if you ask me, there is a bit of reverb on the kick at the intro and too much on the percussion rim knock in my opinion it has too much of a tail, other then that i like this piece and the hi hat pattern.

Really chilling beat.
The pads on the intro are a bit louder.
I liked how this goes on after 1:10 More.
The drums are good. But the reverb time length is too long. i gues you'd need you shorten it up.
Drums pattern and kick is nice.
Nice beat man.

This is some riding music. I can see some n*gga's in a cali'y about to put a hit out on somebody. Mix is clean. Really feeling this. I would tell you other wise if i wasn't.

Really chilling beat.
The pads on the intro are a bit louder.
I liked how this goes on after 1:10 More.
The drums are good. But the reverb time length is too long. i gues you'd need you shorten it up.
Drums pattern and kick is nice.
Nice beat man.

You mean the beat sounds louder in the intro? Should I tone the master volume down during the intro, then raise it up for the "chorus"

You mean the beat sounds louder in the intro? Should I tone the master volume down during the intro, then raise it up for the "chorus"

i mean the synth pad. or master would do too (as theres only vocals and a pad there.)
Its all up to you what you want to make it tho.

i felt like the intro and the hook could sound different, Either by volume intensity or some other sounds or notes on the same syth. But thats definately being personal and nothing wrong against what you've built there.

Last edited:
I like the use of reverb on the snare, It really added to the feel of the beat. And you're right about this not really being a trap beat, although I do see where you're coming from with "hey" sample. Overall, I think it was a job well done.

this is really dope man. im really feeling this. the kick goes hard !! and all the hats are dope!! im feeling your melody man
i would only change the snare imo!

I like the sound on the beat! really.. :) I dont listen to this kind of music but this was special, nice :) keep it up

Back