Chill/Ambient Rap Beat F4F

X_N_

Producer
Was working on this yesterday and want some feedback on it. It felt like it needed more but everything I added either sounded out of place or ruined the Ambient vibe from it.

I ain't big fan of ambient style but it sounded good. I didn't like the clap pattern it sounded little bit out of place.

Hmm, am not used to listenin to stuff like, the Chords are nice, and so is the mix, but the drum patterns, i don't like em, especially that crash, too much of it i'd say, am sorry i can't provide you with constructive feedback because this really ain't my style

Hmm, am not used to listenin to stuff like, the Chords are nice, and so is the mix, but the drum patterns, i don't like em, especially that crash, too much of it i'd say, am sorry i can't provide you with constructive feedback because this really ain't my style

It's cool, yeah I originally made this beat in the style of what a friend was looking for. This beat is sorta suppose to have that Chance The Rapper feel to it.

These drums are odd! theres a open hat where the second snare should be in a standard boom bap. I would feel the beat more if there was a snare there. I like the ambient feel of the melody. You should try to add a lead to it, it sounds like theres room for it.

These drums are odd! theres a open hat where the second snare should be in a standard boom bap. I would feel the beat more if there was a snare there. I like the ambient feel of the melody. You should try to add a lead to it, it sounds like theres room for it.

Yeah, I was going to go with Standard Boom Bap but it wouldn't match the Chance the Rapper style he wanted lol, but I know what you mean, I wasn't feeling it much either with a Open Hat in the place of a Snare. I tried sooo many leads but none of them seemed to fit in with the track. I might go back in later and try to add one. Thanks for the feedback!

really like that scratchy perc, its a nice touch. that is a dope pan on that crash left to right. some good techniques used here. Its a nice track, its a good one to zone out too. However maybe if some higher pitched synth would give it a nice balance, if it didnt ruin the creative direction u want it to go. Otherwise tight track, nicely mixed, keep grinding!

Check me out https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-ticket-mixed-mastered-100percent-f4f-464268/

Yeah, I'm thinking about adding one into it. It will make the track feel more full, I just need to find the right one to add lol.

Producing a track for a specific artist is always weird and sometimes a lot harder because you have to warp your style. Id like to hear it with a snare and I agree with DudeGotBeats.. it needed dirtier drums. The clean drums just didn't really match the melody. The melody was good though.

The melody you used was on point. Didn't really like the drums and the sounds of the claps. Could be a great beat if you give it a more full sound. Keep it up.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, will take it all in and apply it to this beat and make some changes. @RavenPro I gotchu.

I like the ambient style, chord progression, and song structure. The only this I couldn't process too well was the over-use of hats at the same level. Tone down your subsequent hat(s) to rid the robotic feeling and humanize the drum progression. Hope this helped a bit.

Back