AJ Rice - check out my beats - they're different than yours

AJfriedRice

AJ Rice

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums but Ive been producing for several years now. I was looking for a good place to meet and talk to producers and hear what people are doing, as well as get some feedback on my stuff and maybe even learn a few things. Some of you have some good shit

I don't really know how to describe my style, but it's different than yours ;) I don't make trap muzik, southern crunk beats, eminem-like beats, kanye west-like beats, or anything like that. I'm developing my own style, which is a mix of samples and my own sounds. Most of them are meant to have someone rapping over them eventually, but some sound good on their own as well. I'm looking to continue to develop my style and technique, so any feedback, good or bad, is greatly appreciated :) If you leave some feedback I'll be more than happy to check out your stuff and do the same

My SoundCloud - AJ Rice's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

*Side note* If any of you know the rapper Lil B, he told me he thought my beat 'Based Demi Gods' was dope...so theres a chance that one might pop up on a mixtape or something sometime soon (I can only hope!)
Based Demi Gods -

This is pretty sick soundscapes man, the only thing I would do different is maybe boost the drums on the first track, especially the hi hats. Other than that, these are brilliant.

i fux with the sound that youre trying to build. try beefing your drums up a little bit it will make your tracks stand out more

thanks a lot guys, i really appreciate all the positive feedback :) im gonna check some of your stuff out now. it seems like most of you just listened to 'Based Demi Gods' though, which is one of my best, but i have some others that are just as good. I'll just post the songs here for you lazy asses :P

BK Knights (One of my favorites for sure) -

The Only One (Kanye-style sampling goodness) -

What Isn't There (Possibly my best beat, kinda dark/trippy) -

Summer Haze (A kinda Wiz Khalifa style beat I guess? Sampled a Pokemon song for this lol) -

Thanks for listening guys, I'm about to go through here and comment on some of you all's beats :cool:

Based Demi gods was just too dope, the high hat maybe pan it to the left 15%? The kicks sound nice on my system, great overall layer, it's just impossible to get bored of this! (BTW, I am nodding my head to this)

What isn't there is just dope as well the intro atmos is unmatched, however try to reduce the reverb on the drums, make them just a tad crisper, I like the panning on the voices, maybe be a little more extreme to have one voice on one side and the other on the other side.

Keep going your own way and keep that style you have because a unique skill is valuable.

yoyo im diggin your style broski. i checked just about all of them

and my top favorite 3 are in this order

BK KNIGHTS (LOVE THAT SAMPLE)
THE ONLY ONE (ADELE SAMPLE?)
BASED DEMI GODS

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAN...TIGHT BEATS

yoyo im diggin your style broski. i checked just about all of them

and my top favorite 3 are in this order

BK KNIGHTS (LOVE THAT SAMPLE)
THE ONLY ONE (ADELE SAMPLE?)
BASED DEMI GODS

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAN...TIGHT BEATS

thanks man, BK Knights and The Only One are actually both Adele samples lol. She's great for sampling, but you have to REALLY chop her songs up to make them sound different than the original. It's very easy to sample her songs where they end up sounding a lot like the original, so it took some practice but I'm really happy with how they turned out

Very cool, i felt like I should be watching an epic movie trailer in a few of them. I'm not really sure if I got any advice for you because your going for such an original sound, for me the drums were a little weak but it adds to the atmosphere. With a little more boom bap "Based Demi Gods" would fit right in on I'm gay. Nice job.

yea dope as **** but if ur beats are intended for hip hop i would suggest more bass in the mix the other drums could come out a little more 2

Check mine out too
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...tape-project-will-return-all-feedback-375621/

i agree - bass has always been my weak point for some reason.

again, i really appreciate all the positive feedback everyone :) i don't get much feedback on my stuff and this is only the 2nd board i've ever posted them on, so its greatly appreciated.

i'm actually pretty surprised with how 'different' everyone thinks my beats are. i mean, i know they're different than everyone else's here but i don't make them with the intention of being totally different or off the wall, i literally just make the type of music i want to hear and whatever i think sounds good. if i hear a beat that sounds good but it sounds like a lex luger beat or a kanye beat or a dr. dre beat then thats cool, but what really excites me (and most music fans i think) are new sounds. i'm looking forward to hearing more new/creative beats on here unlike anything i've heard before :)

dude these beats are straight up dope. I dig all of them. The only possible constructive criticism I would be able to muster is that you could make your drums bang harder, but I mean they sound good in the mix regardless lol. You have the best samples! You gotta hook me up with some of those haha.

BK Knights (One of my favorites for sure) -

[/QUOTE]

Dude. I like this one. I don't know if you've heard hometown hero by Big KRIT, but he samples Hometown Glory as well. Very nice.

Back