3-Card Economy Class EP

pfeezing

Hey guys, been working with a rapper named 3-card on a new project he's dropping at the start of December. The beats are original productions and many have a classic boom bap vibe. It's pretty lyrical, and a bit old school but it's been getting some alright responses thusfar.

Vox were usually recorded sm7b>1073 but we used a tlm 103 as well for some tracks. The space where we recorded some of them could definitely stand to be treated a little better, but it was acceptable.

I'd appreciate anyone who would take the time to listen or leave feedback! Hope you guys enjoy, I've had a blast working on the project. If you're interested in mixes or just talking shop my twitter is @lamont_P If you like it, subscribe to the channel. I can have our social media manager start following people back on a few artist accounts. Remember to view in 720p for (slightly) better quality!

Last edited:
Hey -took a listen to all of the tracks... I thought that they all sounded pretty good. The beats have a really great sound....I think that the vocals can take a slightly different treatment in take off....but they're on point in mayday - and silly little things . Like you said very lyrical Silly little things was my favorite!! - Nice work...

Take a listen to us and leave a comment in our thread over there

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...tors-|-canyon-heroes-|-f4f-drop-links-387190/

Cool, checked it out and left a comment over there. Definitely we're gonna clean up the chorus of the vocals in Take off as best we can, I'm not completely happy with it either, still have some time before the release :)

even though they need some minor work, really good job on the vocals. They sound nice a clean and lay right down into the track

Whats up these are dope tracks man! As has been already mentioned, Take Off could use some slight editing, but all three productions have a dope sound to them; I dig your style. Keep grinding! If you feel like it, you can drop some comments on my soundcloud tracks: FRESH FROM THE KITCHEN by Yarvy on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Also, do you think you could hook me up with the sample for Take Off? Message it to me if you can, I was feelin' that shit

Thanks for the feed!

- Your beats are pretty dope.... I dig your drums and obviously your sampling
- Your ish is smooth bro
- Seems like you got good chemistry with the artist
- Love how you have different artworks for all the tracks (something small but very cool)
- Can't really comment on the vocal mixes because I'm not familiar with that stuff -- but it sounds clean to me

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for all the responses guys. Nice to get some views and critiques :)

Yarvy I checked out your soundcloud, dope shit.

@HD - I liked all your tracks back on the youtube. I'll go into them into more detail when I have my next studio session and we'll see if there's anything that catches his eye to spit over. I don't run the 3cardofficial channel but I'll get our media manager to holler back for some official love when I see him next.

@jrbeats and Euphoric - thanks a lot for the comments and compliments guys!

Last edited:
wow, it's so nice to see that not all rap has gone to shit. i love seeing this old school style survive. this is well executed too: a good rapper spittin on top of even better beats. i got no complaints about the mix either, and that's coming from an active mastering engineer. good work.

oh by the way, mayday is my favorite of the three.

Wow thank you so much for the incredibly nice and thouhtful comments. As an engineer as well I really appreciate that. Album should be out soon so keep checking back! Followed you on soundcloud

All the beats are solid bruh, I don know much about mixing vocals but it all sounds pretty good to me, great tracks keep it up

SLT is the beast - very good track nice production and lyrics - all is great combined - sounds really proffesional. Thanks for feed and keep it up! :)

yeah ****kkkkkk that hook-- i fixed it today:) I should put up the new version. I mixed for like 12 hours straight today, godamn impatient clients. Checking your beat now and i'll leave feedback in the other thread. digging it though.

Last edited:
First, thanks for your feedback.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of sampled beats so I can't really give you very good feedback. I do like the sound of all three beats though, my favorite one is Mayday. I really like the drums and sample on that one. I kinda feel like I've heard the other two before, but the Mayday one not if you know what I mean. It's more unique and different than most sampled beats. Really ain't got a lot bad things to say about. The rap is nice too.

Back