sounds like....

DJMangazm

need some help working on a track. please listen and give me some feedback. i think that it is lacking in the bassline, but not sure.

i have about jacksh!t for experience, so any advice is appreciated.

and while you are there...listen to popsz tracks too, then click back and scroll down about 2 threads and give him some feedback as well.

who's this "popsz" fukkah, and why is his name kinda like mine? dat bastuhd:mad:

I am reviewing the remixed one:

Really huge intro: The minor chords kinda come outta no where. Try dropping out tracks a measure befoe the transition, and sweep some new sound up to the minor chord. (yum, minor chords:mad: ) I think one of the problems is, is that piano chord cycle is too damn long. It cycles over 16 or 24 measures. Sound mo bettah if you pick notes that will cycle over 8 measures. Also some nice reverb + distortion on it would be coo. Maybe use some panning

There definitely needs to be another synth / pattern / b-line / melody that complements, if not takes over the other stuff. For FX-This is what I be doin. If you have all your loops that you are using, exported to their own separate directory, keep that directory open in windows explorer. Keep the sequencer / arranger open on half your desktop, and open an editor like Wavelab on the other half. This way, you can edit a loop in WL, and try it out right away in ACID or what have you and if you no likie, you can undo (after saving, I think). Sounds like your loops need some mastering. Where'd you get that crap anyway?

The ocassional percussion stabs sound good, but there is no driving beat. You need some kick samples, homey? And what is that squeaky **** in the background that never stops? That needs to be broken up.

Overall, the structure seems to be stretched out too far. . . kinda like my dnb track. Things need to happen sooner, and you need arrive at a groove that can sustain by itself with minor changes, within the first 8 phrases, IMO. If there isn't a big change or fancy transition every phrase (8 measures, so other people know what I'm talking about) then you sorta lose interest in the track. . . .kinda like my dnb track.

Another good technique is maybe a pattern of stabs, that repeat every four measures, instead of every two, or every measure --> so that a certain sound repeats every measure, another one cycles every two, another every four, and does anyone know what I'm talking about?:confused: Basically so everything is not following the same cycle.

You need to work on the drum loops. IMO-tep, IMO-tep, IMO-tep. . .the drums are the foundation. It is easier to get a variety of melodies and b-lines out of a solid drum loop than it is to build decent drum patterns on top of an okay stand-a-lone melody. IMO-tep:eek:

Lemme know if you want some help with the groove:hello:

ima....

....do what bi*ch a** tricks do when they are stressed for time....im gonna go to 7/11 and get something gnarly to drink then sometime before the next moon give a proper run down of what i think....but quickly....i already know you are stuck between a "Dance" track and an ambient track....ie you want a "Deep" track that is easily accessable...., but for that you do not need a 90 second 3 layered intro with almost no conformity breaks....second take out the voice snippit....unless it holds some profound meaning to the track i have no clue why you got it saying jesus....i dont really feel your track is missing a bassline because i like it reminds me of a few tracks im working on....you must decide where you want this track played....if its a club, then yes...you need another bassline and early on....if not then, fugg it....i can sense all these elements you have in your mind to emulate and evolve what you are already hearing, but you need to try and break from the mold more then you think....this goes for almost everybody, but i got a gut feeling (could be poison) your mind is split on what you truly want to pursue....

I like the original better. Can you send me the files, so I can remix. I'll send you my crappy song too.

Re: ima....

CyciumX said:
take out the voice snippit....unless it holds some profound meaning to the track i have no clue why you got it saying jesus....

profound meaning = i got this great idea to use the sample of the girl talking in the movie "stigmata" and told popD about it and then he went around telling everone it was his idea, so i used the vox just to irritate him.

kee, tomorrow i will post the samples temporarily on ct.com. hey cyc, feel free to dl any of the samples too, use 'em if you like 'em.

Re: Re: ima....

DJMangazm said:
profound meaning = i got this great idea to use the sample of the girl talking in the movie "stigmata" and told popD about it and then he went around telling everone it was his idea, so i have a large penis.
not one thing he said is true !

well....

....dont really have much else to say....(dont like breaking it down to exact sounds/intruments since its not my creation)....but shorten the long a** intro, take out the stigmata sample....and remember (should have told this to ol poopd)....since you both are newbies to composition (i assume)....now you know the feeling and the fact that a track is never done....so if you like it and everyone you know likes it, then move onto something else....

Back