"Sick" Feed4Feed

thanks for the feedback...track is good. If I could criticize anything I think the intro is too long and you need to calm down on the limiter, the distortion is too much, good overall though. what kind of mic and preamp do you use?

I think its the limiter I used, I tried a sidechain setup I got off the internet. Using gclip, and a d-esser. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate. I've done so many different mixes for this track that I needed another ear to check it out.

Thanks for the feedback, I think I figured out the problem with distorted limiter. I uploaded a new version to the same link. Check it out if you have a minute.

I'm digging it, I like the vibe, the mix is good, the sounds are clear.

Now, for the criticism:

- You have a solid voice for rapping, but you aren't utilizing it to it's fullest. You are rapping too low, almost whispering. Open your vocal chords up a bit more, rhyme with a more solid tone, and your track will reflect on it a lot more.

- Your intro/bridge needs some work. I know what you were going for, and you should keep messing with it to get the desirable effect, but as it is right now, it could use some work; using another sample, maybe?

I'm digging it, I like the vibe, the mix is good, the sounds are clear.

Now, for the criticism:

- You have a solid voice for rapping, but you aren't utilizing it to it's fullest. You are rapping too low, almost whispering. Open your vocal chords up a bit more, rhyme with a more solid tone, and your track will reflect on it a lot more.

- Your intro/bridge needs some work. I know what you were going for, and you should keep messing with it to get the desirable effect, but as it is right now, it could use some work; using another sample, maybe?

Thanks for the feedback. I still working on controlling my voice. As for the intro/bridge I think I'm gonna try a different effect and eq on it, maybe shorten the intro bars to 4 instead of 8.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback man. I like your track. The chorus is awesome, for being new to the rap game and being a vocalist, your chorus really holds it own.

As said, you do have this dark "whisper" voice. So all you need to do is throw EQ on the vocal and up the high-mids and highs. That will boost the vocal volume. As well you can always re-rap over the entire track, or copy and paste the vocals. It will make it more full and add a stereo effect. Same as in the chorus.

My headphones boost highs for some reason, there is no real bass to them. So I don't quite hear the kick to much. If I am correct. I do here FL Studio vocal synth. When you are rapping and the voice comes in "Whats that" you should say it your self and just add distortion and add a bit of verb and delay. The synth vox gets old quick so don't over use it.

You hi-hat is kinda low as well. Compress the shit out of them; quick attack and low release. Make it punch in quick so they are heard and fade out fast so it doesn't interfere with other sounds. A couple of the real high synths have too much verb. They compete with the pad and cancel out sounds and frequencies. You need to EQ frequencies out so they don't compete but work together.

Just before the 3rd voice I can hear you clear your throat. makes me giggle every time I hear it lol.

A small repeat but, you seem to use alot of verb and it really kills the track. Verb can make a sound seem off in the distance or give it some fullness, but to much verb on all synths makes for competition.

The track is really good. I'd like to hear what it sounds like with the feed I have given. I hope it helps mate. Keep up the good work.

To be honest I wasn't feeling the beat, especially the computer voices, what I did like was your flow on a beat like this

Tighten up the mix on that electronic vocal, and your own vocal, just make them sound more bright presant more crisp. the singing is perfect. this isnt my style but damn its tight.

Reminds me of tyga beat with more EMD fused into it. I think the vocals need a bit more work as the beat is over shining the lyrics on the beat.
So many frequencies are clashing so its distorted and you can't make out all the lyrics. The hook is cool and funky.
I think the lyrics are decent though I think everyone is bragging about your beats/lyrics are trash and mine are better kind of thing.
Cool idea just needs a better mix and would work on the lyrics a bit. Otherwise nice joint.

Your aggresive rapping fits the beat really well, sometimes it's hard to understand your rapping, but overally it's cool. Very nice chorus. Thanks for feedbacl :)

Sorry its late, but thanks for all the feedback. I'm currently working some changes to the track will post it later.

Back