From sample....to song

Cee Major

The Southr'n Gentleman
What's good folk. I'm usually a regular visitor to the site, but as of lately between working & really focusing on my craft I've had less FaceBook, Twitter, and Future Producers time....LoL

But just wanted you guys to check out a video I created which shows basically what the title says....from sample to song.

Feedback is always welcomed & appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keQnZfCslp4

all the beats are sick, love these kind of videos they help you understand a persons production methods so well.

Last edited:
DefOne4Lyfe and Magnificentbutcher------->Yo I really appreciate the feedback. I'm about to head out to work, but I'll definitely be checking you guys out when I get back to the crib & I will post the feedback.

Thanks again for the support.

Very craaaaaaaaaack. Awesome job. I love your style bro. Very versatile. You truly have your own style son. Great job. PS. Thank you for NOT being another 808 roll rapist!

FB: https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344447

---------- Post added 09-16-2010 at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-14-2010 at 11:16 AM ----------

When you layer your samples do you mix each sound separately....because most of the time in reason i use NN-XT and layer using in module with different track lanes and just adjust the vol on any given part of the sample....is that good or bad practice?....ask cause i hear you do it pretty cleanly in some of your tracks...

siiiick.

love when the first beat kicks in.
production is excellent on that one.

2nd beat is sick too. mix is muddy but that's youtube for ya. dope techniques & you flip samples better than pretty much anyone i've heard on fp.

3rd one now...

love this one too.
your production is extremely professional. love how it switches up. wowwww. those vocasl samples are flipped insanely.

now this rnb type jam.
feeling it. love the percussion in this one.

the one right after that isn't my fave. vocal sample gets a little repetitive, but those hits are def sick. if it's still a work in progress i'd maybe switch up the notes of both the vocal hits & the string hits.
just my opinion.

haha rocky now.
nice.

overall excellent work man.

thanks again for your feed.

Very craaaaaaaaaack. Awesome job. I love your style bro. Very versatile. You truly have your own style son. Great job. PS. Thank you for NOT being another 808 roll rapist!

FB: https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344447

---------- Post added 09-16-2010 at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-14-2010 at 11:16 AM ----------

When you layer your samples do you mix each sound separately....because most of the time in reason i use NN-XT and layer using in module with different track lanes and just adjust the vol on any given part of the sample....is that good or bad practice?....ask cause i hear you do it pretty cleanly in some of your tracks...
If you're asking do I mix each sample chop seperately...no. I usually group those together so that they don't get louder individually than others, although every once in a while I switch it up because I may want certain parts to stick out. What you do doesn't sound like a bad practice, just maybe more time consuming.

When I tried Reason, I HATED sampling w/the NN-XT, but it's all about preference.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

siiiick.

love when the first beat kicks in.
production is excellent on that one.

2nd beat is sick too. mix is muddy but that's youtube for ya. dope techniques & you flip samples better than pretty much anyone i've heard on fp.

3rd one now...

love this one too.
your production is extremely professional. love how it switches up. wowwww. those vocasl samples are flipped insanely.

now this rnb type jam.
feeling it. love the percussion in this one.

the one right after that isn't my fave. vocal sample gets a little repetitive, but those hits are def sick. if it's still a work in progress i'd maybe switch up the notes of both the vocal hits & the string hits.
just my opinion.

haha rocky now.
nice.

overall excellent work man.

thanks again for your feed.
Preciate the feedback fam. It's always welcomed & appreciated. Keep me posted on your work too.

your sampling is really tight and clean. Just fits so well into the beat. Really you inspire me to sample more now haha.

Just wondering in your samples, how do you filter out the drums so well so that you can chuck your drums in?

Good job on the videos mayne. You got some nice laid back beats too.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I hope it wouldn't be swagger-jacking if I put together a little video like that, showcasing my old school flips...

Back