RnB Track!! HOT!!

Long

Sup FP! Its been a looong time since i last posted here. I kind of took a break from producing because I was performing alot in high school, and then I started college last year. But I started going at it again this summer and heres a new beat! Please let me know what you guys think =] Feedback is appreciated =]

PS i know i look stupid and sound stupid talking to a camera but it was weird for me talking into a camera lol. owells subscribe if you like!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PE42y15_1M

Your piano game is there, not so much the other areas. Idk what the final product sounds like, but hopefully you don't use those stock sounds that are in the video. At least if u do, they need some tweaking.

I LOVE the pianos, just not so much the other sounds

You're good at R&B melodies, just may need to look into some VSTs perhaps.

Okay final song playing, yea you're still using stock sounds for your synths and drums

Like I like the melody for ths synth, just not the sound of it, or the other sounds minus the piano

keep at it, your melody game is there, just need better production

rtf
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342436

Last edited:
yeah i dont really do much tweaking. However i use komplete 5 for my sounds lol. But i really just like making beats im a pretty bad mixer. I really need to work on that area of production but i dont really have a desire lol. Thanks for the feed though!

also, make sure you watch in HD, it sounds better.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

well im doing it for fun, but i also would like for it to become a career one day. I mean im going to college for computer science and just doing this on the side. and if something happens something happens. In a fantasy world ill have people who do all the production stuff for me and i just write the music! =D

That's what 99% of what ppl do lol. Hell, its rare to find a producer nowadays that can actually play an instrument (***points at Po-low-Da Don.........)

I always like doing things hands on, plus its great experience. Maybe I'll get a sound engineer soon.

maybe you can get me one too lol. i personally cant udnerstand why anyone would wanna spend hours and hours tweaking sounds and mixing. its painful for me =[ lol. I dont think most of the audience really cares between the difference as long as its good anyways. NOT that im looking down upon it, i wish i had the patience and skills to do that so i can be BEAST. guess im just saying i hate mixing and tweaking lol

To be realistic (even tho most producers here may want to disagree with me), nowadays all the mixing for the "perfect" sound may not hold that much weight. Like it IS worth it, but, who the fk actually plays the "actual quality" of the track anymore?

With all the iTunes stuff nowadays, everything is like all in low-bit rate MP3s lol, noone's really hearing your studio session quality of the sound.

But it is worth the effort though, because if it sounds like crap in your studio/software, then its gonna sound even more crappier when it gets broken down to MP3 Format lol.

Personally, I actually enjoy doing my own engineering, like I said, im enjoying the experience im gaining. No such thing as too much information, more the merrier for my brain lol.

Honestly, I'd have to say, the Mixing Game is 10000x harder than actually making the beat lol. I can flip a beat in 10-15mins if I wanted to, but finding the "Just right sound" is a killer sometimes. Which can include finding the actual right/different instrument, or just the EQ/Mixing.

At the end of the day, get a sound engineer, save ur self the heart ache, get the same results, like u said, the ppl that listen to ur music dont care less if u engineered the sounds ur self or not, long as it sounds amazing is what matters :P

Last edited:
thats what im talking about! I HATE FINDING SOUNDS! im just like... why cant i plug my brain into the computer and generate the sound im thinking of... instead of seraching through hundres of samples to find the one i want =[ lol.

sup man! im definitely feeling this. pretty rare to see someone that actually plays an instrument on these forums.

i agree with changing the drums, they sound really generic, but the piano is dope and the strings are epic!!

synth work is good as well, but the mix isnt the best. but your sound selection is really good and all your sounds blend well sonically. i like that the track is big and busy with lots of different things going on in some sections but it still goes together and none of your melodies "clash" with eachother.

some additional transitional sections and movement between those sections could be added but it still sounds good arrangement wise i think.

overall dope track man, reminds me of timbaland and danja produced "what goes around" by justin timberlake. i think if you had a production partner that could bring more of an "edge" to your somewhat "generic" sound (dont mean that to be offensive), you could be really good!

check out my remix of chris browns "excuse me miss", featuring live guitar by me:

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342609

Thanks for all the feedback! so what i get from this is i need to step up my mixing game BIG TIME lol. I guess i should finally get those studio monitors >.>

Back