Youth Blame, chill jazzy rap beat (F4F)

CBG

CBG
The track starts with the old brazilian president named Dilma :pointing:, on her reelection pronouncement when she promise decrease water bills taxes and told rationing was something impossible to happen. Things changed drastically though a few months later, with rationing in some states and great increase on the bill taxes. Tell me your thoughts about the track please! Drop your links as well.

nice snaresound, but i little bit to loud in this mix. the keys sounds really dope, i like it. good job man

Nice track man, I feel like the synth/melodies could be a bit wider and louder in the mix however.

Kept me entertained, loving the vibes.

Its a fun beat. It feels a little simplistic i did get bored after listening for a while. Add some more intsruments at certain point to make it more interesting

Always enjoy listening to your stuff. Most of the flaws are the same throughout though-dope but repetitive melody and weak drums. In this track the drums are a bit weak and basic-hat pattern could do with more variation. Melody is nice but a bit repetitive too could do with more change ups -I like the way the song ends.

Keep dropping! Here's mine when you get a chance

https://soundcloud.com/rdmiller/element

I have no complaints about your arrangement here. I can tell this is some fairly new production, which isn't a bad thing because this song is really good, but like I've said on some other songs/posts here, you can take your production to the next level by adding some transition elements, background noises, and even panning some of the noises you already have. Widen up the mix!

i like the vibe of it. the first sample(?) is really weird. but thats the reason i like it. i think you should choose a different kick. it doesn't fit to the rest, cause it sound very synthetic and the rest of the beat is more "natural". also the hats could be a little bit less aggressive. maybe using a transient shaper to cut off the transients would help.

Smooth, jazzy beat

Last edited:
Returning the feed...
The chord progression is cool. That kick is really bothering me. It just doesn't mesh well for me. The array of sounds you've got going on somewhat fit together. The tonality of some of the percussion sounds you're using clash a bit to my ears. Other than that it's a cool bouncy track.

Aight man two things stick out.. The main kick drum needs more "umph" to it and the main melody needs to be layered to really fill out the mix.. You do this and it will be a lot better... Keep grinding man

Yo I heard your soundcloud page, nice beats and mixed with clarity. Definitely got a raw vibe interwined in them. Keep at it dude!

Now regarding this beat, I'd just gonna say the drums could use a dramatic pattern. Other than that, keep doing you.

Last edited:
Yo bro! I liked the way your transistion went from the intro! drums are dope! Nice way you combined an old times sample with new school drums! Interesting!

Back