Westcoast Beat F4F

Think it's interesting but i agree with Meursault on the part he says bout some effect on the piano perhaps. The second synth is quite nice to my ears. Clap could use some reverb, and closed hi-hat could be a little better detailed. Could you review this boom trap beat here i made?

would have never thought this was a westcoast beat if it wasnt for the synth. beat is alright tho, just sounds too happy for me lol.

This beat has soooo much potential bro, you have used all the right elements and the initial vibe is there but it just needs tweaking.

Add some parallel compression on the drums to make them hit harder

Add some reverb / delays to you pianos and strings (maybe try some subtle panning too)

Make the bass rumble more and "try" ducking the bass every time the kick hits - it might not work or sound good but try it.

Don't give up on this one.

i do have some parallel compression on the drums but ill try some harsher compression and ill add a little more reverb to the piano. thanks for the feedback.

I do agree with the others. A little piano reverb would do this a lot of good. I absolutely love this beat though. That synth that kicks in is magical. Keep it up man!

This is somewhat good, but the low piano is very out of place and boring to be real honest here as well as the strings - Dre would never use strings in such a meaningless way, they really bring nothing to the listener.
Drums aren't punchy.
Snare/clap is to quiet.

The westcoastich lead fits very well though and the subtle high piano melodies are good too. Keep it up yungn.

Back